Who we are:
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all major soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, and entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, and Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Chromecast.
*OUR HEADQUARTERS IS LOCATED IN NEW YORK CITY, BUT WE ARE OPEN TO REMOTE EMPLOYEES FOR THIS ROLE*
FuboTV is looking for a Streaming Support Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for monitoring and break/fix of Fubo’s managed video infrastructure. The Streaming Support Engineer may work in a shifted environment or on-call as needed to support FuboTV’s customers 24x7.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sure our acquisition and encoding infrastructure is always in a healthy state.
- Providing break/fix and analysis throughout our video workflow
- Working with internal/external teams to mitigate and resolve any issues related to video
- Perform routine maintenance
- Able to work in a shifted 24x7 operations environment
- Familiarity with different CDN vendors and their systems (e.g. Akamai, Level3, Fastly, etc.)
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
- Familiarity with enterprise MPEG Analysis tools, such as Tektronix, Ineoquest, Triveni, etc
- Experience with alternate content in ABR ecosystem (ESAM, ESNI, etc) Understanding of backbone video and distribution (Peering, Transport, POP sites, etc) Knowledge of monitoring protocols such as SNMP a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
- Provisioning, troubleshooting, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the next-gen video delivery ecosystem
- Monitor and manage cloud based and in-house encoding software and abr monitoring appliances
- Drive issues to resolution and provide root cause analysis if needed Work with multiple teams to launch new services on the FuboTV platform
- Enterprise video encoding operational experience using Elemental, Ateme, or similar encoders.
- Video troubleshooting experience preferably in an MVPD environment Understanding of HLS and HLS based server-side ad stitching products
- Certifications in AWS or GCP a plus
- 3+ years troubleshooting video workflows in an mvpd environment
- Knowledge of SRT or Zixi a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company