Who we are:
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all major soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, and entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, and Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to lead, design, setup, and support our dynamic ad service infrastructure and play a crucial role in planning and enabling new revenue-generating opportunities. We seek a Software Engineer who cares about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous integration and deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
As a software engineer, you will serve as a subject matter expert on ad decisioning technology, client/server-side stitching implementation and overall architecture. You will work with our AdOps team to support existing third-party partners and onboard new partners as we continue to grow. You will be managing vendor relationships and interfacing with ad decisioning services, player vendors, ad routers, server-side ad insertion partners and more.
This role has the following responsibilities:
- Maintain existing ad infrastructure and implementations including a mixture of client and server-side ad-serving solutions on all supported platforms
- Maintain strong technical working relationships with vendors at all levels of our advertising stack, including but not limited to: understanding technical and functional requirements for new partner onboarding, troubleshooting with partners and vendors,
- Assist in the definition and implementation of superior user experiences around advertising
- Collaborate with our AdOps & Video Experience teams along with other members of the fuboTV organization to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
- Identify opportunities to develop internal software products & tools to help increase efficiency, automation, and systems monitoring
- Have 8+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Have a broad and deep knowledge of software engineering and computer science
- Be comfortable creating efficient algorithms to solve newly-encountered problems, then translating those solutions into clean code
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and clients
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working with digital video advertising
- Understands the complexities and inherent limitations of the ad technology ecosystem and device landscape (web, mobile, OTT, etc.)
- Understands difference between HTML Ad Renderers, Video Ad Renderers, VAST Translators, VPAID Renderer
- Previous experience with live streaming and on-demand video players
- Previous experience with Freewheel/DFP
- Previous experience with server side ad insertion
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.