About Fubo Gaming:
Fubo Gaming is a new division of live TV streaming platform fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) that launched in 2021. With consumers already deeply engaged with fuboTV's leading sports streaming packages, Fubo Gaming aims to provide a comprehensive sports & entertainment experience through sports betting and interactive gaming. The online wagering experience, Fubo Sportsbook, is expected to launch in Q4 2021.
In the Press:
- Fox Business: FuboTV Acquires Sports Betting Company Vigtory
- Bloomberg: fuboTV Secures Market Access Agreements for Forthcoming fubo Sportsbook in Indiana, New Jersey Through Caesars Entertainment
- fuboTV: fuboTV Announces Pricing of $350MM Convertible Senior Notes Offering
The Design Director of Fubo Gaming will primarily be responsible to lead, manage, and advocate for our in-house design practice while defining and driving UX strategy in creating intuitive, innovative, and delightful experiences that successfully balance both business and user needs.
Our ideal candidate has experience building and managing teams towards excellence, setting the highest standards in creative execution, has a deep understanding of UX methodologies and interaction design fundamentals, as well as being able to effectively articulate and demonstrate creative vision.
They'll be collaborating closely with leaders and partners in Product and Engineering to establish workflows and processes that help the teams focus on their work with clarity, alignment, and ownership.
We value leaders who think critically and communicate clearly, are capable of thoughtfully considering or incorporating the viewpoints of others, and are able to inspire and motivate at all levels through a clear and strategic vision.
- Mentor, develop, and manage a team of designers, while leading by example
- Establish holistic design thinking in how we design our products and set creative direction while providing strategic guidance throughout the product development process
- Help set the organization’s product vision and actively align team efforts to achieve it
- Help develop strategy, establish vision and concepts, set design direction and provide hands-on guidance to both internal and external teams
- Set and meet high standards in the quality and craft of our design strategy
- Raise the bar in the execution of visual identity, design principles, and interactions
- Be an advocate of user-centric solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas that are easy to understand and delightful to use
- Identify opportunities to improve design processes and continuously lead the team towards better ways of working
- 10+ years of product design, interaction design, and building rapidly scaling products and teams
- Excellent leadership, organization, and analytical skills
- Systematic and holistic thinker and doer; creates solutions that are consistent, thoughtful, intelligible, and efficient to design and engineer
- Passionate about collaboration and partnerships to increase quality, effectiveness, and alignment within a cross-functional setting
- Highly communicative and articulate; able to get the message out, be well understood, and can clearly and confidently explain rationale
- Deep knowledge in UX/HCI best practices
- Mastery of design fundamentals (color theory, typography, layouts, photographic curation, etc.) and how to apply them in context of UI/IxD principles and best practices
- Experienced in implementing and leading a product design process from beginning to end — UX research, user journey mapping, wireframing, visual design, and usability/multivariate testing
- Ability to evaluate and resolve complex design and communication issues
- Comfortable coaching and inspiring individuals and teams towards excellence
- Track record of producing elegant solutions for complex problems that are both innovative and delightful to use
Nice to Have:
- Deep experience using or building an online sportsbook, and familiarity with sports betting concepts and terminology (parlays, teasers and other bet types)
- Advanced knowledge of 3D, motion, omni-channel experience design, and capable of demonstrating strong creative and art direction
- Fluency in the latest design trends, tools, and cross-platform technology
- Experience working in diverse organizational situations (start-up, agency, corporate)
Perks & Benefits:
- Fubo Gaming provides highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including health / dental / vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, life insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free premium fuboTV Account
- Health and wellness initiatives including discounts on gym memberships
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities
- Fubo Gaming's main headquarters are located in downtown Chicago