About the Role:
The Merchant at Health-E Commerce is responsible for owning the assortment strategy and selection as well as analyzing the business in partnership with Planning. This person will manage their overall SKU count to ensure productivity and that margin targets are met and also provide actionable reporting and insights. To excel, this person must have excellent retail math and analytical skills, creative problem-solving skills, and enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
What you’ll do:
- Own assortment strategy and selection.
- Discover new suppliers and items to differentiate the product offering and continue to drive sales and achieve margin goals.
- Partner with Product Development to continually expand our Private Label business while ensuring it fits into our overall business goals.
- Vendor Communication – build and manage strong relationships with key suppliers and provide selling recaps and other info as needed. Negotiate costs/rebates/discounts. Follow up on shipments if they are delayed.
- Co-Op Management – maintain existing co-op agreements and/or negotiate new agreements. Work with marketing and creative on co-op placements and finance on invoicing.
- Vendor and Item Set-Up – facilitate the process of onboarding new vendors and new items with our warehouse.
- Partner with the eCommerce team on site placements and any updates to products.
- Work closely with the Demand Planner on monthly forecasts on both existing and new items as well as edits on underperforming products.
- Continually stay on top of business and analyze sales and inventory reports and recommend strategic actions to maximize sales & margin and mitigate risk.
- Complete specific analysis to support business and assortment planning process i.e. - Size analysis, Pricing analysis
- Understand and manage the FSA eligibility process for their areas.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a merchandising function, preferably within CPG or related products
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel
- Prior experience in ecommerce highly desired
- Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills
Compensation: $70,000 - $80,000
Discretionary Annual Bonus Eligibility: Up to 10%