*Please note, although we are not actively hiring for this position at this time, we encourage all interested candidates to submit an application for future consideration!*
Fruit Street (www.fruitstreet.com) is looking for Registered Dietitian Lifestyle Coaches to deliver the Center for Disease Control's Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) via telehealth and live group video-conferencing.
The CDC's Diabetes Prevention Program is based on clinical research published in the New England Journal of Medicine. It shows that individuals who participated in this lifestyle modification program have a 58% lower risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes. Participants join small groups and participate in 22 1-hour long classes throughout the year covering topics such as diet, exercise, sleep, and stress management. In addition, they are issued a free wireless scale to monitor their weight loss progress over time, and a Fitbit to monitor their physical activity. Participants use Fruit Street's mobile app to log their food intake in an Instagram-style photographic food journal and receive feedback through comments and messages. The program is delivered to health plans, employers, and consumers. The goal of the Diabetes Prevention Program is to help participants lose 5-7% of their weight in order to reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Have a social impact by using cutting edge telehealth technology to help prevent diabetes
- Work remotely from the convenience of your home
- Hours are extremely flexible. Fruit Street offers classes 7 days a week, during the morning, afternoon, and evening hours
- Receive free 12-hour training to become certified as a DPP lifestyle coach
- Be part of a fast growing technology startup funded by 250+ physicians who invested in the company
- Earn more compensation based on the clinical outcomes and engagement of participants in the program.
Visit the Center for Disease Control's Website to learn more about Diabetes Prevention Program at https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention/index.html
Visit Fruit Street's website at www.fruitstreet.com