Friendsurance has with international acknowledgement pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010.
As the inventor of peer-to-peer insurance, Friendsurance developed the claims-free bonus. With the new brand Friendsurance Business, we are pioneering another mission: the digitisation of insurance services for banks or insurance companies and their customers. Through partnerships with leading banks and insurance companies like Deutsche Bank and R+V, we make a smart home for insurance available directly in these partners digital solutions. Through our sophisticated, scalable and modular insurance platform we aim to make insurance more customer friendly.
We are over 100 team members from more than 20 nations working from our headquarter in Berlin and from other external bases. We take pride in our agile culture. We have been part of Berlin's top employer and office ratings for several years.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer - Java (m/f/d) who is not only confident dealing with industry adopted technologies and Software Design approaches, but able to look into emerging technologies and modern architectures. This is a full time job with significant responsibility, joining us in our office in Berlin.
Company major Technologies, Tools, and Processes
- Backend: Java, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot
- Frontend: ReactJS, TypeScript, Redux, SASS
- QA: Selenium, Galen, Serenity, JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Mocha
- Build and Deploy: Jenkins, git, npm, Maven, Docker
- Infrastructure: AWS, Troposphere (python), Stacker, Cloudformation, Terraform (Infrastructure), Ansible, EKS (k8s)
- Agile: Kanban and Scrum
Your Tasks & Responsibility
- You are a key member in one of the agile technical teams responsible for Friendsurance’s main product developments on our platform or with partners. Your shared team goal is always to develop high quality code and build great products which satisfy customer demands
- You have a strong knowledge of and practical experience with different architectures, patterns, and programming paradigms and apply those in the day to day work
- You have experience with microservices, an appropriate mindset and understanding of relevant topics: deployment, observability and testing for father growing our platform
- It is important for you to design and build highly scalable systems keeping in mind redundancy, performance and availability for scaling our product
- Reviewing test cases, designs, and code developed by other team members is part of your day
- In your role, you work closely not only with your fellow team members including the Product Owner and other technical teams, but also the business development and strategic project team
- You take pride in your deep knowledge of at least 5 years within the technologies, tools and processes mentioned above - in particular Java, Spring and Hibernate
- People praise you for your knowledge of relational data models and cloud based architectures
- You have an expert level knowledge of developing REST based microservices
- All though your passion lies in backend technologies you consider yourself able to understand what happen in the frontend side as you will be closely collaborating with frontend engineers
- QA is for you a team responsibility and you are confident in your code because you write automated tests
- You are great communicator with ability to communicate complex ideas visually and verbally to business and tech
- You are an experienced agile product development practitioner
- Working in English has been part of your work since years
- Be part of a pioneering team fearless of change
- Be part of a multifunctional team
- Go to work in a team where high level of qualifications and soft skills are equally cherished
- Work in an agile mentality and feel the trust in your skills
- Experience flexibility when you need it and have your personal development plan
- Move forward with cutting edge technologies
- Go home with attractive salary and perspectives
We are looking forward to your application!