Friendsurance has with international acknowledgement pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010.
We are the market leader for Digital Insurance Distribution in the B2B2C space. With a strong pioneer DNA from our B2C beginnings, we have successfully evolved into being the long term partner of choice for Europe’s biggest financial institutions, such as Deutsche Bank, Allianz, R+V and Unicredit/Hypovereinsbank. We create engaging insurance solutions on a scalable technology platform for millions of our partners’ customers.
We are over 100 team members from more than 20 nations working from our headquarters in Berlin and from other external bases. We take pride in our agile culture. We have been part of Berlin's top employer and office ratings for several years.
We are currently looking for a COO (m/f/d) to lead our End-to-End delivery of a great experience for our partners’ customers, managing growth and complexity and leading our highly skilled and motivated teams.
The role awaiting you:
- You are part of the Senior Management team which carries the strategic responsibility for Friendsurance.
- Your mission is to ensure that the B2B2C partnerships we have won are executed and grown in a scalable fashion, leading to a great end-to-end experience for customers.
- You objectify and constantly improve this experience by rigid analysis and detailed improvement based on the data delivered from each partnership.
- To make this possible, you are directly responsible for the Partner Success Management, CRM & User Research, Support & Back Office teams, in total ~ 30 people and growing.
- All of these teams are led by experienced Head of departments, technically and strategically able to develop and lead their area.
- You also work closely with our Product and Tech teams, ensuring agile processes and cross departmental teamwork, which makes us an organizational role model to partners. You form strong relationships with the CTO and CSO in order to identify valuable business opportunities fueled by both technology or market developments.
- You are aware of the power of culture. You peer with our People & Organization team to ensure that team members have the environment and preconditions to thrive and perform at their best.
Why you fit with this role
- Your background:
- You have a university degree in business or technical business.
- You have a strong leadership track record in operations, customer/partner success or a similar process-focussed unit in a tech/agile company, preferably in the fintech or insurtech space
- Fluent language skills in English and German
- Your mentality and personality:
- Although you have had business roles, you love working with technology. Technical leaders and team members respect you because you show understanding and interest for the potential where technology and business processes meet.
- Numbers and quantification comes easy to you. You like to work with data to continuously identify improvement opportunities.
- You embody agile leadership and create a highly motivated environment where you and your teams never stop developing soft and hard skills whilst achieving high performance on well-established goals.
- You are a great communicator and bring tons of energy and a good mood with you to work. Working with driven people, sharing a laugh and reaching goals together with others makes you happy.
- When you read our culture deck, this fits with your beliefs in what releases an organisation’s potential. Still you always look for how to improve a culture further and aim to be a role model.
- You are able to balance out your ambitions with a humble attitude towards the effort of others, and know that victories are team victories and seldom a result of solo efforts.
- You keep yourself updated on developments and trends in your area of expertise.
- You have a genuine interest in creating impactful scaleable digital insurance solutions and processes for B2B2C end customers
Why working with us is the right decision for you
- Be part of a pioneering team fearless of change
- Shape and shake insurance and banking, two of the biggest industries in the world, with cutting-edge technology and customer-centric innovation
- Go to work in a team where high level of qualifications and soft skills are equally cherished
- Work in an agile mentality and feel the trust in your skills
- Move forward with cutting edge technologies
- Go home with attractive salary and perspectives
Then apply now with our online application form (indicating your earliest possible start date) and start your new job soon! We are looking forward to having you soon!