Friendsurance has with international acknowledgement pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010. As the inventor of peer-to-peer insurance, Friendsurance developed the claims-free bonus. With the new brand Friendsurance Business, we are pioneering another mission: the digitisation of insurance services for banks or insurance companies and their customers. Through partnerships with leading banks and insurance companies like Deutsche Bank, we make a smart home for insurance available directly in these partners digital solutions. Through our sophisticated, scalable and modular insurance platform we aim to make insurance more customer friendly.
We are over 100 team members from more than 20 nations working from our headquarters in Berlin and from other external bases. We take pride in our agile culture. We have been part of Berlin's top employer and office ratings for several years.
We are looking for an IT Support Technician (m/f/d). This is a full-time position working as a part of our small and growing IT Support Team on site in Berlin.
Your Tasks & Responsibilities
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain office hardware - Laptops (Lenovo, Dell and Apple), Printers, WiFi system, Web Conferencing Equipment (Screens, Audio and Video devices)
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain software (On Windows and MacOS devices. In addition several Ubuntu Linux installations)
- Maintain updates on office hardware and software
- Support colleagues (On Premise and Remote) with topics on Company systems (predominantly cloud) such as:- Microsoft Office, G Suite, Atlassian Confluence, Atlassian Jira Software, VPN and other.
- Maintain User Access on systems as per Access Management Policy, always ensuring that practices are followed such as principle of least privilege and segregation of duty
- Work on a variety of topics to improve office systems and IT Environment for the teams
- Maintain appropriate levels of documentation for all systems
- Create and maintain scripts for automation of endpoint tasks such
- 2 years hands-on experience of supporting Hardware, Software and Operating systems
- You are someone that is passionate about solving problems and truly service oriented towards making your colleagues life easier
- You are confident in troubleshooting and researching a problem, but also know when to ask for help
- You practice and preach good security: you would never think of sending credentials over cleartext, you use two factor authentication whenever possible, and you make sure that latest security patches are always applied
- When it comes to infrastructure, you always think of automation first. You continually look for ways to improve what we do, find new ways to automate and consider how we automate when implementing something new
- You like to establish and to follow policies, but continually re-evaluate it for future improvements
- You have experience of Helpdesk Systems and are aware of their role in a busy IT Support Team
- Knowledge of basic network troubleshooting - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, VLANs, WiFi
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Active directory is a plus
- Scripting Knowledge in Powershell, Bash and Python is a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS is a plus (EC2, Lamda, IAM, S3)
- Fluent in English; German is plus
- Be part of a pioneering team fearless of change
- Go to work in a team where high level of qualifications and soft skills are equally cherished
- Be part of an agile team that is not only highly skilled but also works together in a trusted and respectful way and knows how to have fun together
- Experience flexibility when and where you need it thanks to our mobile office options, flexible working hours and constantly rising holidays
- Use your personal development budget, regular feedback talks and career development meetings to never stop growing and learning
- Move forward with cutting edge innovative technologies
- Go home with attractive salary and perspectives
- Work in a fast-moving team that feels like family
Then apply now with our online application form (indicating your earliest possible start date) and start your new dream job soon! We are looking forward to having you soon!