Friendsurance has with international acknowledgement pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010. As the inventor of peer-to-peer insurance, Friendsurance developed the claims-free bonus. With the new brand Friendsurance Business, we are pioneering another mission: the digitisation of insurance services for banks or insurance companies and their customers. Through partnerships with leading banks and insurance companies like Deutsche Bank and R+V, we make a smart home for insurance available directly in these partners digital solutions. Through our sophisticated, scalable and modular insurance platform we aim to make insurance more customer friendly.
We are over 100 team members from more than 20 nations working from our headquarters in Berlin and from other external bases. We take pride in our agile culture. We have been part of Berlin's top employer and office ratings for several years.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer (m/f/d)
This is a full time position, working as part of a strong and growing Data Team on site in Berlin.
Your Tasks & Responsibility
- Ingest and aggregate data from both internal and external data sources to build our world class datasets
- Build data and business Intelligence products in MS SQL Stack (MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Build reports and dashboards on demand for Management, Marketing, Product and other departments
- Use your analytical skills combined with mathematical, statistical and experimental tools and techniques to provide data driven conclusions and recommendations
- Work closely with the Tech, Product and other departments on data related topics
- Follow the Business Intelligence and Data trends and innovation and provide guidance for improvements in the data team
- Build data pipelines and participate in machine learning projects
- 3 years of experience in business intelligence and data engineering
- Experience with MSSQL Stack (MS SQL DB, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience with SQL, Python, Flask
- Understanding in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence best practices
- Highly professional team collaboration skills and high level of commitment
- Preferably familiarity with AWS Data Engineering technologies
- Preferably with degree in business informatics, economics, mathematics or equivalent area
- Experience in web and app tracking (e.g. Google Analytics, Matomo) is a plus
- Experience with Fintech or Insurtech is a plus
- Experience with data science and machine learning is a plus
- Fluent in English, German nice to have
- Be part of a pioneering team fearless of change
- Go to work in a place where high level of qualifications and soft skills are equally cherished
- Work in an agile environment
- Experience flexibility when you need it
- Have your personal development plan
- Move forward with cutting edge innovative technologies
- Go home with attractive salary and perspectives
- Work in a fast-moving team that feels like family
For further questions, please contact Clara Kiani at email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application!