Friendsurance has with international acknowledgement pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010. As the inventor of peer-to-peer insurance, Friendsurance developed the claims-free bonus. With the new brand Friendsurance Business, we are pioneering another mission: the digitisation of insurance services for banks or insurance companies and their customers. Through partnerships with leading banks and insurance companies like Deutsche Bank, we make a smart home for insurance available directly in these partners digital solutions. Through our sophisticated, scalable and modular insurance platform we aim to make insurance more customer friendly.
We are over 100 team members from more than 20 nations working from our headquarters in Berlin and from other external bases. We take pride in our agile culture. We have been part of Berlin's top employer and office ratings for several years.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d). This is a full-time position, working as part of our strong and growing Data Team on site in Berlin.
You are a savvy Data Engineer (m/f/d), who will be responsible for optimizing and expanding our data and data pipeline architecture. You will also work cross-functionally to create data products that our stakeholders can use to make informed decisions and will dive deeply into understanding and transforming our data into clean, efficient data models that will power Data Science and Analytics platforms.
Your Tasks & Responsibility
- You will design and build new data platform from scratch including Data Lake with the use of top innovative tools on the market
- You will ingest and aggregate data from both internal and external data sources to build our world class datasets
- You will help with data related topics for building reports and dashboards on demand for C-Level, Marketing, Product and other departments
- You will use your analytical skills combined with mathematical, statistical and experimental tools and techniques to provide data driven conclusions and recommendations
- You will definitely work closely with the Tech, Product and other teams on data related topics
- It would be awesome if you could follow the Business Intelligence and Data trends in innovation and provide the guidance for improvements in data team
- You will build data pipelines, products and participate in machine learning projects on new platform
- You will build and support data and business Intelligence products in MS SQL Stack (MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- You have 4 years of experience in business intelligence and data engineering
- You have worked with modern data platforms
- You have experience in working with AWS Data Engineering technologies(S3, Glue, Redshift and other)
- You have worked with MSSQL Stack (MS SQL DB, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- You have experience working with SQL, Python, Flask
- You understand Data Engineering and Business Intelligence best practices
- You are up to date knowledge about current Data & Business Intelligence tools and their applications
- You are highly professional, have great team collaboration skills and have a high level of commitment
- Preferably with degree in business informatics, economics, mathematics or equivalent area
- Experience with any of the tools like Kafka, DataBricks, Snowflake, dbt, Segment, Airflow is a big plus
- Experience in web and app tracking (e.g. Google Analytics, Matomo) is a plus
- Experience with Fintech or Insurtech is a plus
- Experience with data science and machine learning is a plus
- Experience with Analytical approaches or previous Analyst positions is a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Be part of a pioneering team fearless of change
- Go to work in a team where high level of qualifications and soft skills are equally cherished
- Be part of an agile team that is not only highly skilled but also works together in a trusted and respectful way and knows how to have fun together
- Experience flexibility when and where you need it thanks to our mobile office options, flexible working hours and constantly rising holidays
- Use your personal development budget, regular feedback talks and career development meetings to never stop growing and learning
- Move forward with cutting edge innovative technologies
- Go home with attractive salary and perspectives
- Work in a fast-moving team that feels like family
- We provide visa support and relocation budget for this position
For further questions, please contact Chethan Murali at email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application!