Friendsurance has with international acknowledgement pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010.
As the inventor of peer-to-peer insurance, Friendsurance developed the claims-free bonus. With the new brand Friendsurance Business, we are pioneering another mission: the digitisation of insurance services for banks or insurance companies and their customers. Through partnerships with leading banks and insurance companies like Deutsche Bank and R+V, we make a smart home for insurance available directly in these partners digital solutions. Through our sophisticated, scalable and modular insurance platform we aim to make insurance more customer friendly.
We are over 100 team members from more than 20 nations working from our headquarters in Berlin and from other external bases. We take pride in our agile culture. We have been part of Berlin's top ten employer and office ratings for several years.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to lead one of our cross functional technical teams. You are not only an expert in current and emerging backend Java technologies and architectures, but you also take pride in leading a team to exceed your shared expectations.
This is a full-time team lead job joining our strong team in our office in Berlin.
Our Technologies, Tools, and Processes
- Back End: Java, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- Front End: TypeScript, ReactJS, Redux, SASS
- Testing: Selenium, Serenity, JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Mocha
- Build and Deploy: Jenkins, git, npm, Maven
- Infrastructure: AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform, Apache, Tomcat, Microservices, K8s
- Agile Process: Kanban, standups, grooming, retrospectives, demos
Your Tasks & Responsibility
- In close cooperation with a product owner you are in lead of one of our main projects, either internal or in cooperation with one of our cooperation partners. Your shared goal is always to build great products that satisfy customer demands
- Together with your team consisting of software and QA engineers you design and build highly scalable systems, keeping in mind redundancy, performance and availability
- You also work closely with other Lead Software Engineers and Head of Tech to define and implement engineering best practices
- You are experienced leading teams
- Team members describe you as a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
- You take pride in your deep knowledge within the technologies, tools and processes mentioned above - in particular Java, Spring and Hibernate
- You are an experienced agile product development practitioner
- There is confidence in your code because you write unit and integration tests
- You have a passion for automation of tests, builds and deployments
- Working in English has been part of your work since years
- Be part of a pioneering team fearless of change
- Be part of a multifunctional team
- Go to work in a team where high level of qualifications and soft skills are equally cherished
- Work in an agile mentality and feel the trust in your skills
- Experience flexibility when you need it and have your personal development plan
- Move forward with cutting edge technologies
- Go home with attractive salary and perspectives
We are looking forward to your application!