Friendsurance has with international acknowledgement pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010.
As the inventor of peer-to-peer insurance, Friendsurance developed the claims-free bonus. With the new brand Friendsurance Business, we are pioneering another mission: the digitisation of insurance services for banks or insurance companies and their customers. Through partnerships with leading banks and insurance companies like Deutsche Bank and R+V, we make a smart home for insurance available directly in these partners digital solutions. Through our sophisticated, scalable and modular insurance platform we aim to make insurance more customer friendly.
We are over 100 team members from more than 20 nations working from our headquarters in Berlin and from other external bases. We take pride in our agile culture. We have been part of Berlin's top ten employer and office ratings for several years.
We are looking for an IT Compliance Manager (m/w) to join our team and further improve our overall IT Compliance, Security, and Data Privacy. This is a full time job with significant responsibility and visibility, joining us in our Berlin office.
Our Technologies, Tools, and Processes
- Back End: Java, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- Front End: TypeScript, ReactJS, Redux, SASS
- Testing: Selenium, Serenity, JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Mocha
- Build and Deploy: Jenkins, git, npm, Maven
- Infrastructure: AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform, Apache, Tomcat, Microservices, K8s
- Agile Process: Kanban, standups, grooming, retrospectives, demos
Your Tasks & Responsibility
- Develop and maintain policy documents and procedures to ensure appropriate level of IT Compliance
- Perform periodic, routine reviews to ensure that policies and procedures are followed
- Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Conduct risk assessments and compliance review with our vendors
- Provide team training on compliance related topics, policies, and procedures.
- Central point of contact for all compliance topics with our partners, including requests for information and reviews of their compliance policies
- Assist and facilitate reviews and compliance audits, and using knowledge gained further improve our processes
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices as well as emerging security threats and assess the potential impact of these on organizational processes.
- Assist and coordinate external security testing including penetration testing
- You are very familiar with industry standards such as SOC 2, ISO 27001, ITIL and similar; you have experience with one or more certification or registration
- You have formal education and/or professional experience developing, testing, or operating software products.
- Agile practices including short release cycles, CI/CD, DevOps culture and cross-functional teams both quite familiar and comfortable to you
- You understand and have experienced the different team cultures often found in both startup and large enterprise organizations
- You realize the differences and opportunities of cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, etc.) vs. traditional datacenters and are able to effectively integrate IT Compliance.
- You have a good understanding of the relationship between compliance and security, and work pragmatically to maintain both
- Languages: You have years of professional English experience, German experience is a big advantage, and you fluently speak the unique language of IT Compliance (in English)
- Be part of a pioneering team fearless of change
- Be part of a multifunctional team
- Go to work in a team where high level of qualifications and soft skills are equally cherished
- Work in an agile mentality and feel the trust in your skills
- Experience flexibility when you need it and have your personal development plan
- Move forward with cutting edge technologies
- Go home with attractive salary and perspectives
Then apply now with our online application form (indicating your earliest possible start date) and start your new dream job soon! We are looking forward to have you soon!