Friendbuy is reinventing the oldest marketing channel ever known: word-of-mouth. While technology has completely transformed the commerce landscape, the process of discovering new brands from your friends has largely remained the same since the dawn of retail. By using technology to modernize this natural consumer behavior, Friendbuy has given marketers a powerful new tool to drive customer acquisition and growth.
Friendbuy is the leading platform for referral marketing. Our clients are disruptors such as Dollar Shave Club, Casper, ClassPass, Away and Outdoor Voices, as well as Fortune 100s such as Walmart, Intuit, Disney and Nestle. If you’ve ever referred a friend to any of these amazing brands, you’ve used Friendbuy. We are technology-first and we believe in success through innovation, a core philosophy prioritized by our Founder & CEO who graduated from MIT.
Friendbuy was recently named by Segment.com as the fastest growing referral platform in the industry. We’re in the lead position to power referral & loyalty for all of e-commerce, and we’re looking for a Frontend Engineer who loves elegant design and high quality code to join our team and help us dominate the market. Our platform is served globally to millions of concurrent users and collects thousands of data points per second. Developers rely on our extensive APIs and SDKs; marketers rely on our delivery speed, uptime and the sophistication of our user-facing functionality on web and in mobile apps.
Friendbuy’s platform serves thousands of business users and millions of their end-users (consumers). We strive for power with simplicity and beauty with usability. Your opportunity is to join a team of collaborative engineers to extend our lead through innovation. Compensation is highly competitive and we can offer attractive equity packages to those who are interested. Our ideal candidate wants to solve real engineering challenges while writing the best code they’ve ever written. We’re a culture of high quality work.
What You’ll Do:
- Decompose complex views into simpler components
- Design user flows and make informed UX decisions
- Write high quality code to create simple and elegant solutions
- Build trust through execution
- Share your knowledge with your teammates
- Experience with React, Redux, HTML and CSS
- A passion for UX and usability
- A good understanding of reactive design
- Love of pure functions and the benefits of immutability
- Great documentation skills
- Emphasis on quality: end-2-end testing, unit-testing, integration testing, technical documentation, user documentation
- Bonus: Degree in Engineering, Science or Math from a competitive school
- Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Redshift
- Typescript, Jest, Puppeteer, React, Redux, NodeJS
- Terraform, Apex, YAML
- AWS, CircleCI
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive equity packages to those who are interested
- Excellent health insurance options, plus dental & vision coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Family leave
- Continuing education assistance
- Laptop of your preference and 1 or 2 monitors with standing desk
- A fun and collaborative work environment
As a high growth startup, we work hard and strive for excellence, but we also know how to kick back and enjoy the journey. On Friendbuy Fridays we shut down a little early and hit the patio with beer & wine to chill out and socialize with other startups in our new WeWork building.