Friendbuy is reinventing the oldest marketing channel ever known: word-of-mouth. While technology has completely transformed the commerce landscape, the process of discovering new brands from your friends has largely remained the same since the dawn of retail. By using technology to modernize this natural consumer behavior, Friendbuy has given marketers a powerful new tool to drive customer acquisition and growth.
Friendbuy is the leading platform for referral marketing. Our clients are disruptors such as Dollar Shave Club, Casper, ClassPass, Away and Outdoor Voices, as well as Fortune 100s such as Walmart, Intuit, Disney and Nestle. If you’ve ever referred a friend to any of these amazing brands, you’ve used Friendbuy. We are technology-first and we believe in success through innovation, a core philosophy prioritized by our Founder & CEO who graduated from MIT.
Friendbuy was recently named by Segment.com as the fastest growing referral platform in the industry. We’re in the lead position to power referral & loyalty for all of e-commerce, and we’re looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Our platform is served globally to millions of concurrent users and collects thousands of data points per second. Developers rely on our extensive APIs and SDKs; marketers rely on our delivery speed, uptime and the sophistication of our user-facing functionality on web and in mobile apps.
Friendbuy’s platform serves thousands of business users and millions of their end-users (consumers). Your opportunity is to join a team of collaborative engineers to extend our lead through innovation. Compensation is highly competitive and we can offer attractive equity packages to those who are interested. Our ideal candidate wants to solve real engineering challenges. We’re a culture of high quality work.
What You’ll Do:
- Review requirements and design documents to provide timely feedback
- Create detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate and prioritize testing activities
- Develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with developers and product managers to identify system requirements
- Track quality assurance metrics
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Redshift
- Typescript, Jest, Puppeteer, React, Redux, NodeJS
- Terraform, Apex, YAML
- AWS, CircleCI
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive equity packages to those who are interested
- Excellent health insurance options, plus dental & vision coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Family leave
- Continuing education assistance
- Laptop of your preference and 1 or 2 monitors with standing desk
- A fun and collaborative work environment
As a high growth startup, we work hard and strive for excellence, but we also know how to kick back and enjoy the journey. On Friendbuy Fridays we shut down a little early and hit the patio with beer & wine to chill out and socialize with other startups in our new WeWork building.
Friendbuy uses your applicant information in accordance with CCPA. Click here to read more.