Friendbuy is reinventing the oldest marketing channel ever known: word-of-mouth. While technology has completely transformed the commerce landscape, the process of discovering new brands from your friends has largely remained the same since the dawn of retail. By using technology to modernize this natural consumer behavior, Friendbuy has given marketers a powerful new tool to drive customer acquisition and growth.
Friendbuy is the leading platform for referral marketing. Our clients are disruptors such as Dollar Shave Club, Casper, ClassPass, Away and Outdoor Voices, as well as Fortune 100s such as Walmart, Intuit, Disney and Nestle. If you’ve ever referred a friend to any of these amazing brands, you’ve used Friendbuy. We are technology-first and we believe in success through innovation, a core philosophy prioritized by our Founder & CEO who graduated from MIT.
Friendbuy was recently named by Segment.com as the fastest growing referral platform in the industry. We’re in the lead position to power referral for all of e-commerce. We’re looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer with excellent communication skills to join our team and help us dominate the market.
Friendbuy has the best technology and the best client logos in our space, and we are growing quickly. Your opportunity is to fill a mission critical role to help us scale. Compensation is highly competitive and we can offer attractive equity packages to those who are interested. Our ideal candidate enjoys technical problem solving and communicating with customers. You must also be very comfortable explaining technical concepts to a range of client stakeholders, including developers, product managers and marketers.
What You’ll Do:
- Support Sales and Customer Success as our technical expert in conversations with clients and prospective clients
- Educate clients on how to best leverage Friendbuy’s technology, communicating with a range of audiences from software engineers to non-technical executives
- Help prioritize feature enhancements based on customer needs
- Collaborate with Engineering to inform product direction
- Collaborate with Sales to complete RFPs and security questionnaires (for Fortune 1000s)
- Acquire market intelligence through customer conversations to inform our roadmap
- Continually learn about the latest technologies in the e-commerce ecosystem
- You embrace building trust through product expertise
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills are highly desirable
- 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Problem-solving skills and experience with debugging tools
- Experience with workflow tools such as JIRA, Asana or Salesforce
- Enjoys the demands of a fast-paced, high growth startup
- An intrinsic desire to help your colleagues and make your team better by your presence
- Bonus: Bachelors or higher from a competitive school
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive equity packages to those who are interested
- Excellent health insurance options, plus dental & vision coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Family leave
- Continuing education assistance
- Laptop of your preference and 1 or 2 monitors with standing desk
- A fun and collaborative work environment
As a high growth startup, we work hard and strive for excellence, but we also know how to kick back and enjoy the journey. On Friendbuy Fridays we shut down a little early and hit the patio with beer & wine to chill out and socialize with other startups in our new WeWork building.
Friendbuy uses your applicant information in accordance with CCPA. Click here to read more.