POSITION: European Business Development & Marketing Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Business Development
HOURS: 35 hours; M-F, 9:30am – 5:30pm
REPORTS TO: Head of European Marketing & Business Development
This position description is intended to reflect general duties and responsibilities and is not to be interpreted as all encompassing. Nothing in this job description restricts the Firm’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The European Business Development & Marketing Specialist is responsible for leading and supporting various business development efforts and initiatives for a number of European practices across our practices - Antitrust, Asset Management, Capital Markets, Corporate M&A/Private Equity, Finance, Litigation, Restructuring & Insolvency, Real Estate and Tax practice groups. This includes the creation of content, including tailored pitches and submissions, and assisting in the successful execution of practice and individual business plans. The successful candidate is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the Firm’s clients, attorneys, advisors and staff; contribute to an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork; and strives to excel. The European Business Development & Marketing Specialist will interact and communicate with the entire Marketing and Business Development Department, clients of the Firm, attorneys, and administrative staff. The role will report to the Head of European Marketing and Business Development. The role also provides support in the planning and execution of multiple client events and seminars pertinent to the designated practice areas of focus.
Reports to the Head of European Marketing and Business Development, and works closely with all members of the Marketing and Business Development Department, Firm partners and other lawyers, external vendors and service providers, and other administrative staff.
- Works collaboratively to create and maintain tailored materials for various business development opportunities, including pitches, client presentations, attorney biographies, RFPs and other client facing materials.
- Helps build the profile of the European office through identifying and executing on conferences and events (including on virtual platforms), and working with other London Marketing team members and our PR department on identifying hot topics and thought leadership opportunities where appropriate.
- Maintains representative engagement and client lists (by practice and industry) for new business development opportunities. Ensures the Firm’s website and library of collateral materials for assigned practices are updated regularly to appropriately reflect experience and expertise.
- Assists in gathering business intelligence and research for our current and prospective clients as well as gathering competitive intelligence for our key practice areas and industries.
- Assists on the drafting of key directory submissions for assigned practice areas (Chambers, Legal 500, etc.), including liaising with relevant lawyers to gather practice information, draft matter summaries and capability/differentiator statements, and help lawyers prepare for researcher interviews.
- Supports with the identification of key visibility and other relevant marketing opportunities, such as speaking engagements and awards, and distribution of business development calendars for relevant practices.
- Help to consolidate our matter capture process, that includes matter experience for assigned practice groups for inclusion in the Firm’s databases (such as Foundation) and when necessary spearheads external promotion in coordination with the Firm’s PR and communications team.
- Provides support where required in the execution of multiple Firm-hosted client events, such as seminars, conferences, webinars, social and special events.
- Works with European partners and the Client Memo Team to produce client memos, and coordinates additional publishing opportunities with the PR team.
- Assists with the execution of individual and practice business plans, relevant practice initiatives and additional special projects as assigned.
- Helps to ensure quality, accuracy and consistency of all work product produced by the team.
- Supports other business development team members and practice groups on special projects as assigned, including diversity initiatives and associate business development.
- Assists with the execution of individual attorney and practice business plans.
- Supports the Firm’s PR and communications function, as appropriate.
Education: University degree required (Bachelor’s or equivalent).
Experience: Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in marketing and/or business development within a medium to large professional services environment. Experience with content related to capital markets, real estate, litigation, restructuring, finance and/or financial services a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
· Eagerness and interest in understanding the Firm’s business and clients.
· Clearly demonstrates an ability to work effectively across various projects and assume new challenges while maintaining stellar attention to detail.
· Demonstrates reliability, maturity and a commitment to excellence.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse variety of people and departments.
· Demonstrates flexibility, ingenuity, and humility in responding to changing demands.
· Demonstrates reliability, follows through on our commitments and meets deadlines.
· Ability to create tailored materials that require minimal direction or review from supervisors or project leaders.
· Clearly demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills.
Attendance: All positions require punctuality and regular attendance.
Technology Skills: Must be highly skilled in MS Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with InterAction (BusinessBook) preferred but not required.