POSITION: European Business Development and Marketing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Business Development
HOURS: 35 hours, Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm (Additional hours as required)
JOB SUMMARY: The European Business Development and Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting a range of marketing and business development activities relevant to the Firm’s European practices and lawyers (with an emphasis on the Firm’s core Corporate practices). This role primarily supports the development and expansion of the Firm's client base by leading on pitches and proposals, research, matter information management, targeting initiatives, seminars, directory submissions, along with other promotional activity and client entertainment pertinent to the designated practice areas of focus. The Manager will also be involved in client relationship management and client targeting. The Manager also supports cross-practice profile raising initiatives (including media relations, thought leadership, award submissions), and client-facing events (which may include alumni, associate, diversity and inclusion and other Firm-hosted events). The candidate is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the Firm’s clients, lawyers, advisors and staff. We are looking for an energetic, experienced and pro-active self-starter who enjoys a varied mix of business development and marketing activities.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Senior European Business Development & Marketing Manager, and works closely with all members of the Marketing and Business Development Department and the Head of European Business Development and Marketing when projects arise. This position also regularly involves activities and projects that involve lawyers and other business services professionals.
- Business Planning: advise and play a key role with partners on the direction and delivery of pro-active business development activities.
- Client development: identify and help grow clients in key areas of focus and assist the Senior European Business Development & Marketing Manager and Head of European Business Development and Marketing on coordinating and executing client targeting activities.
- Cross-selling initiatives: pro-actively identify cross-selling opportunities across key areas of focus with other areas in the London, Frankfurt and Brussels offices as well as with the US offices, including working with relevant global Business Development team members.
- Profile raising: work with the global marketing communications team to find ways to profile key areas of focus across different platforms (press, client publications, industry publications and social media) as well as identify other profile raising opportunities (such as roundtables, client seminars and campaigns).
- Market and client research, including opportunity spotting: work with the research team to support business planning and opportunity spotting.
- Marketing Collateral: work collaboratively to create and maintain tailored materials for various business development opportunities including pitches, client presentations, attorney biographies, RFPs and other client facing materials.
- Budget: work with partners, lawyers and the Senior European Business Development & Marketing Manager to budget and track marketing spend to maximise return on investment in business development and marketing activities for key areas of focus.
- Events and conferences: responsible for identifying and executing on relevant conferences and events for key areas of focus as well as liaising with our external events agency for specialist events.
- Directory submissions and awards: play a leading role in the development of legal submissions, updates, responses and other content to enhance the Firm’s standing in the appropriate directories, surveys, lists and awards programs.
- Additional projects: opportunity to be involved in firm wide, local, departmental or practice group projects as and when they arise.
- Internal communications and tracking: to ensure the Firm captures feedback (such as pitch wins/losses), matter experience, client contacts and business development leads to enable the practice to promote itself effectively and to grow its business and to assist in departmental reporting as required.
- Other responsibilities: assist with other business development and marketing activities for the London, Frankfurt and Brussels offices which may arise.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of people and departments.
- Strong work ethic and team mindset.
- Has a positive and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrate reliability, follow through on our commitments and meet deadlines.
Attendance: All positions require punctuality and regular attendance.
Technology Skills: Must be highly skilled in MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with InterAction (BusinessBook) preferred but not required.