Free Range Games grows games the old fashioned way: we don’t put our devs in cages, we work distributedly, and we don’t use toxic work/life trade-offs. Some of our crafters have worked together from PS1 to PS5 and will tell you about carving games one triangle at a time from punch cards.
We are some of the folk behind Spider-man, Tony Hawk, Lord of the Rings, Twitch Sings, Oddworld, Shrek Super Slam, and dozens of mobile and web games. We believe every member of the team has a voice in what the game should be.
You might have seen we have a whole crop of VR games and enterprise products coming up, but what we need you for to do is one of our Unreal next gen big budget games. We need great, self-driven, challenge-seeking developers to join us in creating something really special on the latest consoles. We like developers who thrive under management neglect.
Here at FRG, we care about one thing, and that’s making a great cup of game. Sure, it may take longer to brew, and we might not call it fancy names, but I guess we just care a little more. And that’s why Free Range Games are still made by the finest devs we can muster. Cooler games for a hipper world, focused on unique mechanics and moments of wonder rather than “hours of content” and “key performance indicators.”
We prioritize community, family, and love-of-gaming over process, crunching, and TPS reports. And maybe that’s what you want too.
We are looking for an Audio Director to lead our audio team on our next-gen video games and our ventures into AR and VR. We are currently working on a number of exciting new projects, both big and small. If you are interested in finding a home where you can challenge yourself to do your best work on original, creative titles, then hit us up.
- Design immersive and cinematic sound effects to engage players, drive the narrative, and deliver compelling audio experiences
- Provide expert direction, leadership, management, creation and integration of game audio over all projects. Sound, Voice and Music.
- Collaborate with Game Directors and rest of team to define game audio quality bar and vision
- Work with game team leads and production to ensure audio staff is represented on all teams, and that they are fully scheduled and tasked
- Oversee, develop, and document project pipelines and onboard new audio team members
- At least 6+ years of experience in game audio, including the full development cycles of a shipped AAA title
- Comprehensive understanding and practical experience in every facet of game audio production
- Proven experience working and coordinating with game developers from different disciplines
- Experience using Wwise across multiple full development cycles
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Blueprints on at least one full development cycle
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in an audio related field
- Experience working on open world games with emergent audio features and systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Free Range Games is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Free Range Games makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Free Range Games participates in E-Verify.