Our Head Office is located in beautiful Victoria, BC which means we are fortunate enough to live and work on the unceded Coast Salish Territory of the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ Nations.
As a hybrid-first company, we give you the choice to work from anywhere in the world that suits you best. You also have flexible working hours. We only ask that you are available for meetings and collaboration from Monday to Friday - the rest of your schedule is up to your team!
Want to join us in person at our head office? We provide relocation assistance no matter where in the world you currently live.
What You’ll FIND HERE
Career Development Program - Dedicated mentor helps guide your career path from day one and our program creates a clear path to promotion when you’re ready.
Learning and Development - Regular hackathons, paid training or certification allowances, and access to online learning subscriptions.
Project Diversity - No legacy product support or technical debt - your team starts new projects every 3-12 months empowering you to sharpen your skills and learn new ones.
Work with Social Impact - You will directly impact the lives of people every day through our work in government modernization and creating digital health applications.
Want to become a world class Full Stack Developer and work with one of Canada’s fastest growing companies? Join our remarkable web development team and build new apps from the ground-up every 3-12 months.
In this role, you have the skills to work independently, yet choose to continue avidly asking questions from the seniors on your team, and seeking opportunities to provide knowledge sharing to those more junior. You enjoy reading articles, learning about and sharing new technology trends with the tech team, and regularly challenge your project team to try out new efficiency hacks.
Your main responsibility is to ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of web applications is up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence. You will work as part of a multi-functional agile team to address business, technical, and logistical project needs. You help drive the technology roadmap with relevant business analysis that aims to address and incorporate client feedback.
Some specifics about this role:
In 30 Days you’ll…
- Action feedback on a PR from a senior team member after integrating any suggested changes and have your code pushed to the development environment. Also, you’ll review the PR of a junior team member and suggested changes.
- Write your first end-to-end feature and get approval for it to be pushed live! Truly end-to-end, including, writing front end code, back end API endpoints with API documentation (Swagger usually), any relevant database migrations, unit tests of any business logic, potentially some end-to-end tests in Cypress, and manually testing the feature in the development environment before having it promoted.
- Improve a team practice with an insightful comment in a retrospective.
- Work with your mentor to create a tailored career development plan that keeps you accountable to accomplishing your technical and personal goals.
- Bonus: tell a joke that actually lands well at a daily standup.
In 90 Days you’ll…
- Help a BA or PO design a feature in a backlog refinement session, with a particular focus on technical constraints.
- Mentor a junior developer on the importance of regularly refactoring test and production code to be easier to read and to maintain, and improve test coverage.
- Work with the team to improve internal or client-facing documentation, delivering high-quality documents in a timely fashion.
- Explain the technical architecture of your project to a new hire, including the CI/CD pipeline and reasons why the team decided on the chosen tech stack.
- Bonus: Given a talk in our "Dev Swamp" on a new piece of technology or interesting practice.
In 360 Days you’ll…
- Contribute to the technical architecture of an existing project, perhaps by introducing a new piece of technology like Pa11y automated accessibility testing within CI/CD, the Tailwind CSS library, or Strapi headless CMS.
- Work with senior team members to define a cloud architecture strategy, whether for a new product or a legacy migration for our clients.
- Debug and fix a complex performance issue in production.
- Work with a team to support an operational application by helping to set up monitoring plans and responding to production issue service requests - don’t worry, we don’t currently support applications 24/7 :) .
- Explain a technical architecture decision to a client, demonstrating a strong understanding of their requirements, for example the trade-offs between a SQL and NoSQL database.
Tools you’ll get to learn and work with:
- DevOps: Terraform / GitHub Actions / ArgoCD
- Cloud Architecture: AWS (Lambda/SQS/ECS/CloudFront/S3)
- Persistence: PostgreSQL / MongoDB / AWS DynamoDB / Redis
- Backend: Typescript / Express / NestJS
- Frontend: Typescript / React / Next.js / TailwindCSS
We Love REFERRALS
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at FreshWorks Studio - By respectfully challenging the status quo and continuously exploring the biases that exist around and within us, we aim to educate our team and hire remarkable people who will work respectfully regardless of differences. We encourage applications from marginalized groups and those experiencing barriers to equity.
If you need assistance or support for your application - We strive to provide an accessible and inclusive recruiting process. Persons with disabilities, visible or invisible, who need accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process can reach out to: email@example.com or 250-412-3470 ext. 2. Please visit here for more information on accommodation, including definitions, explanations, and examples.