Victoria, BC or Remote!
We’d love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it’s safe to do so!) and would be delighted to provide relocation assistance. However, we are completely remote friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the Pacific time zone (PST.)
We are growing faster than your last batch of sea monkeys and seek a talented Technical Consultant, Application Maintenance and Support to join our team of 80+ employees. Your primary responsibility is to support a suite of applications under maintenance. You will manage multiple applications created with different technologies, and you will need to be adaptable and be comfortable with context switching between projects and clients.
As a Technical Consultant, you are an excellent communicator with our technical and business teams, and with our clients. You are well organized and capable of managing multiple concurrent projects. By understanding the business value that each application delivers, you can assess the severity of a reported issue and prioritize it accordingly. You embody strong relationship management skills and a sharp business acumen, and find it easy to connect with decision makers to understand their needs. As a trusted partner to our clients, you are able to get ahead of potential issues, resolve bugs quickly, and find desirable new features that can be scoped out and developed.
Within your first month you will...
- Familiarize yourself with FreshWorks’ existing Incident Management protocols.
- Familiarize yourself with the suite of applications under maintenance.
- Understand how resourcing decisions are made and how applications under maintenance have been previously managed.
Within your first 90 days you will...
- Begin establishing relationships with clients who are in maintenance contracts.
- Double down on what’s working well with the existing application maintenance strategy.
- Suggest opportunities for improvement in maintenance and incident management protocols.
- Develop plans that will enable the resourcing team to ensure appropriate resources are available to carry out planned maintenance work.
After 1 year you will...
- Own the maintenance and support strategy at FreshWorks.
- Manage a steady stream of opportunities from existing clients with applications in maintenance.
- Share your learnings and the maintenance strategy with the broader company.
- Develop a process to ensure current applications in development are successfully handed over to the maintenance team.
- Explore how FreshWorks’ relationship with offshore teams can be leveraged to support the maintenance strategy.
Need to Haves:
- Excellent communication, facilitation, reporting and interpersonal skills (primarily in English);
- Ability to solve technical issues quickly, seeking consultation and pulling in knowledgable resources as appropriate;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Efficient time management skills;
- Availability beyond business hours - not always, but when needed for high availability applications in maintenance;
- Experience in delivering both web and mobile applications;
- Knowledgeable in a breadth of technologies and concepts including but not limited to modern web front-end technologies (React/Angular/Vue), APIs, server side programming, databases (SQL/NoSQL), computer networking, cloud platforms, application architecture, native mobile application development (iOS and Android) etc.;
- Ability to develop client relationships and foster account growth;
- Experience with incident management of applications in production;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
- Experience using a cloud management console to access application logs and troubleshoot incidents. Experience with the AWS console or the OpenShift console would be particularly useful;
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments;
- Experience working in a Global delivery environment;
- Experience developing or deploying mobile applications.
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.