Medellín or Remote in Colombia!
We would love to have you join us in our soon-to-be built Medellín office, or you can work remotely from anywhere in Colombia on PST time!
15 mil COL$ - 22 mil COL$ / month
English Language Proficiency:
Proficient in English and Spanish
FreshWorks Studio has been growing steadily in Canada for the last six years and now we want to replicate the same success story in the beautiful country of Colombia. We are looking for an experienced Country Manager (Latin America) to join our team of 85+ employees. Your primary responsibility is to lead the formulation and delivery of our strategy to establish our presence in Latin America. In this position you will put your keen observation skills to use to understand the FreshWorks way of developing and delivering applications, leverage your understanding of the culture in Latin America and exercise sound judgement in bridging the two worlds to create a presence that is true to the Latin American culture while working in harmony with our established values and guiding principles.
As a Country Manager, you demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong leadership skills. You understand the business value that applications deliver and are able to assess an issue’s severity and prioritize it’s fix accordingly. You embody strong relationship management skills and a sharp business acumen, connecting with the decision makers in the client’s organization and quickly assessing potential business opportunities to grow the account. You are a good judge of character and a key player in the recruitment process across a variety of roles that will be required to fill positions in Latin America. You seek to understand, analyze and synthesize your recommendations while dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
Within your first month you’ll..
- Understand FreshWorks’ values and guiding principles and how we live them every day;
- Understand our approach to software development and project delivery by being part of one or more project teams;
- Understand how resourcing decisions are made and the persona of our typical client sectors;
- Understand the recruitment process by participating in various rounds in the recruitment process across multiple roles;
- Create a strategy for establishing our presence in Latin America that is compatible with our way of working;
- Start interviewing the candidates (developers and other technical staff) to grow our presence in Columbia.
Within your first 90 days you’ll..
- Assist in the development of recruitment strategies specific to the Latin American market and the roles identified for the first set of key personnel within the region;
- Lead recruitment efforts across Latin America by being an active participant in every key position designated to the Latin America office.
- Hire the first set of key personnel within Latin America;
- Advise and assist or lead efforts to register FreshWorks Subsidiary in Columbia;
- Establish a physical office presence;
- Lead a project as a Technical Consultant with a team made up of personnel from both Victoria and Latin America;
- Review and manage budgets related to both your project as well as operations in Latin America;
- Ensure technical excellence is maintained to or exceeds the standards and levels of the Victoria office.
Within your first year you’ll
- Own hiring processes from leading Hiring Manager pre-brief convos, to writing job descriptions from scratch, to participating in offer conversations;
- Have a proven track record of successfully delivering projects based out of Latin America;
- Establish yourself as a trusted partner for one or more clients within North America that will lead to repeat business for the Latin America team;
- Manage and maintain a delivery pipeline of 6 months or more for the Latin America team with a look to expanding operations;
- Ensure the Latin American team shares the same fundamental values and principles espoused by all FreshWorks employees while maintaining what is unique and valuable to the culture of the Latin American region;
- Ensure social events are organized for Latin America employees in the same vein as employees in Canada;
- Play a key role in the performance review of employees within Latin America;
- Be the advocate for the needs of the employees in Latin America to the leadership team and a role model for the FreshWorks way of working for the employees in Latin America.
Need to Haves:
- Excellent communication, facilitation, reporting and interpersonal skills (primarily in English and Spanish);
- Ability to solve technical issues quickly, seeking consultation and pulling in knowledgable resources as appropriate;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve conflicts with tact;
- Efficient time management skills (available beyond business hours when needed);
- Experience in delivering both web and mobile applications using modern technologies and in-house team of developers;
- Knowledgeable (supervisory capacity) in a breadth of technologies and concepts including but not limited to modern web front-end technologies (React/Angular/Vue), APIs, server side programming, databases (SQL/NoSQL), computer networking, cloud platforms, application architecture, native mobile application development (iOS and Android) etc.;
- Experience in managing applications in production including incident management;
- The ability to take feedback well (both positive and constructive) and a thirst for continuous improvement;
- Effective listening and people management skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments;
- Experience working in a Global delivery environment;
- Experience in recruiting and growing software development teams;
- Experience in managing software development company in an executive capacity.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.