Victoria, BC or Remote!
We’d love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it’s safe to do so!) and would be delighted to provide relocation assistance. However, we are completely remote friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the Pacific time zone (PST.)
In 2020 we were ranked as Canada’s 15th fastest growing company and we are seeking a Senior Project Manager with a passion for agile development and building great teams. Your primary responsibility is to lead your project teams, maintain positive relationships with clients, and ensure that work is carried out efficiently and professionally.
As a Senior Project Manager, you’re a champion for Agile best-practices and double as a Scrum Master to lead daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retros. You know the Agile Manifesto like the back of your hand but are flexible and can adjust your processes to fit your project team and clients’ needs. You are comfortable wearing multiple hats and can manage budgets, timelines and client expectations with ease.
You play a key role in formulating the technology road map, and can identify and propose technical solutions and ideas with your background in software development, whether educational or through hands-on coding. You're a triple threat in the tech world; you're deeply technical, can write formally (for documentation purposes) and casually (for client check-ins) with ease, and shine when commanding a room's attention during Scrum meetings or client presentations.
‘Poise and Patience’ are your middle names as you vouch for your project teams while balancing clients’ expectations. You understand the challenges and triumphs that come with a growing team and are as comfortable wearing multiple hats as you are going with the flow. You love a challenge, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and remain cool as a cucumber no matter the task at hand.
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery, including defining project scope, specifying deliverables, managing project budget, creating project charters and schedules, managing scope change requests, and estimating project timelines, effort and costs;
- Ensuring project success by driving day to day operations through sound project management principles and methodologies;
- Maintain detailed status and project log reports on each project to present to IT Managers and Project Stakeholders;
- Exercise independent judgement in analysis and problem solving on highly complex problems, challenging guidelines when necessary;
- Use advanced project management tools, such as JIRA and Confluence;
- Act as a primary liaison between clients and team members.
Need to Haves:
- A deep technical understanding; experience as a Developer, Manager or Coordinator in the tech sector is required;
- Ability to lead the project planning process to ensure each team has a prioritized list of stories and epics in a timely fashion;
- Strong writing, presentation, analytical skills as well as supreme attention to detail;
- A deep understanding of the SDLC and software best practices;
- Proven champion of Agile and Scrum methodologies;
- Demonstrable critical thinking, creative problem solving, and willingness to learn new tools for effective client communication;
- Ability to clearly communicate with end-users; interpreting and understanding their needs while explaining technical information in business terms;
- You are always flexible unless it means sacrificing great experiences or great relationships;
- Experience using modern project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, etc;
- A can-do attitude;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
- Experience leading projects with international team members;
- Certified Scrum Master Training or experience acting as a Scrum Master within a project team;
- Understanding of the RFP procurement process;
- A collection of funny stories you can tell us about at demo day.
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.