Medellín or Remote!
We're hoping to open an office in Medellín, within the next year; until then, we are happy to offer remote positions! We only ask that you work in the Pacific time zone (PST.) Please note, applications received from candidates outside of Colombia will not be considered at this time.
6 mil COL$ - 9 mil COL$ / Month
English Language proficiency:
Please apply with English resumes - Working proficiency English is required.
About the ROLE
Want to become a world class full-stack developer and work with one of Canada’s fastest growing companies? Join our remarkable web development team and build new apps from the ground-up every 3-12 months. You will gain the opportunity to work closely with North American developers for Canadian clients on modern technologies.
As a Full Stack Developer, your primary responsibility is to ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of web applications is up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence. You will work as part of a cross-functional agile team to address business, technical, and logistical project needs. You remain cool as a cucumber working under tight deadlines as you identify, assess, and propose technology solutions that align with clients’ needs. You help drive the technology roadmap with relevant business analysis that aims to address and incorporate client feedback.
What You BRING
You have experience working with modern JS frameworks, preferably React and Redux, and have a good understanding of SQL database structure, particularly MySQL and Postgresql. You will work with back-end services like Firebase and will create custom RESTful APIs in Node, PHP, Python or Golang. You have experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning.
You are responsible for deploying servers on AWS, and are comfortable with Docker and the command line. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and our web team uses their knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our client data safe. You will help us maintain excellent security standards with your strong understanding of encryption and other security best practices.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate the technology roadmap;
- Identify, assess, and propose technology solutions viable for the client needs;
- Collaborate with other web experts to address business, technical, and logistical needs;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Participate in web app development, deployment, and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications;
- Act as a collaborative member of the agile team, including peer feedback, code review, sprint and project retrospectives, and cross-functional learning.
NEED to Haves:
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
- 4+ years as a Software Developer in a professional setting;
- Experience with JS frameworks, preferably React/Redux;
- Experience with implementing UI designs using JS, CSS and HTML;
- Experience with using deployment tools on AWS, Google Cloud or equivalent;
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, database models, data structures, and design patterns;
- Strong communication skills and a passion both for learning and for sharing your knowledge with fellow team members;
- Writing and understanding OOPS concepts;
- Proficient in RESTful best practices;
- Experience writing automated tests (unit, integration, etc.);
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
NICE to Haves:
- Experience writing server-side Node, PHP, Python or Golang code;
- Experience with working with either Jenkins, code generation or creating swagger documentation.
- A collection of funny stories to tell at our monthly virtual lunch.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.