Victoria, BC or Remote!
We would love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it is safe to do so) and will provide relocation assistance no matter where in the world you currently live. However, we are completely remote-friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the pacific time zone (PST).
About the ROLE
Do you like trying to break things? We are seeking an experienced thing-breaker to help ensure the highest quality of work is published at FreshWorks Studio.
As a QA Analyst, you will conduct manual testing on products, in addition to documenting relevant test cases. As a manual tester you will be responsible for testing our manuals. Wait - no - that’s not what we meant. We’ll rewrite the acceptance criteria one second.
As a manual tester, you will be responsible for driving an uncompromising focus on quality, and advocating for the user’s experience in the application. You will do this by extensively testing the end to end flow of the application, looking for bugs and verifying that requirements have been met. You will work closely with business analysts, scrum masters and developers to ensure that there are well defined QA criteria for all tasks being assigned to ensure ease of testing at completion. Once you find any bugs or requirements, you are responsible for logging and tasking them in JIRA for developers to complete.
What You BRING
As a QA Analyst, you have excellent communication skills foremost. You also have a strong ability to navigate applications, while providing constructive criticism and guidance to developers on bugs and to designers on UI/UX changes. You bring experience with developing and executing test scenarios for Android, iOS, and web, and you always provide code documentation that is clear and easy to read. There is still no guarantee that people will read it, but we’ll try to make them - we promise.
- Execute manual testing of applications by performing exploratory, acceptance, integration and regression testing among others;
- Develop and maintain test cases, test scenarios, and test documentation based on requirements and technical specifications;
- Execute, document & evaluate test results against expected results, identify and document discrepancies and review with senior staff, analysts and developers;
- File and follow up on issues while in the SDLC;
- Provide constructive criticism and guidance to developers and designers - be gentle though, they tried their best;
- Ensure that quality assurance methods and standards are maintained for all applications.
NEED to Haves:
- 3-6 years of QA experience in a professional setting;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Strong testing skills and attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Experience working on both web and mobile app related QA projects;
- Experience working with debugging and development tools;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Ability to learn fast and take on new systems and technologies;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
NICE to Haves:
- Experience with API testing tools such as Postman, Swagger etc.;
- Experience with Atlassian products for project tracking and test case management;
- Experience with automation, running scripts with Frameworks such as Selenium, Robot Framework and Appium;
- Experience with software version control;
- Experience working with remote teams in other offices or cities;
- Experience with Cloud-based systems and technologies;
- A good sense of humour never hurts;
- Experience working on a scrum team.
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.