Victoria, BC or Remote!
We’d love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it’s safe to do so!) and would be delighted to provide relocation assistance. However, we are completely remote friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the Pacific time zone (PST.)
We are growing faster than your last batch of sea monkeys and seek a passionate Technical Recruiter to join our team of 80+ employees. Your primary responsibility is to support the FreshWorks Hiring Team in all recruitment-related functions. As a strong ambassador of our brand, you will need to be (genuinely) pumped to be a part of our team which you demonstrate in every interaction with candidates, clients, and community members alike.
As the Technical Recruiter, you demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills. You’d much rather be busy than bored, but you’d really prefer to be productive rather than busy. The idea of networking and creating new relationships makes your palms sweaty, but from excitement not fear. You’re a “people [ops] person” (see what we did there), a creative solutions-focused thinker, a hard worker, and thrive when given the chance to own entire processes.
Within your first month you’ll..
- Develop a deep understanding of FreshWorks’ business model, development process, and brand to the point where you can speak on these topics comfortably with candidates at all levels;
- Become an expert at navigating our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Greenhouse, and coaching Hiring Managers on its features;
- Own the majority of candidate communication, from winning applicants over with your exceptional candidate engagement to delivering tricky feedback via phone or email;
- Source candidates through resourceful means including Linkedin Recruiter, Linkedin connections, Angel List, Slack groups, your internal network and via whatever other creative channels you have up your sleeve,
- Edit job descriptions, post new roles, coordinate hiring teams, and schedule interview loops with direction.
Within your first 90 days you’ll..
- Establish, meet and review candidate sourcing KPIs;
- Screen resumes and make advance/no advance decisions for most roles;
- Perform pre-screen calls for certain roles;
- Perform informational calls to potential contractors and build out internal sourcing processes within our Contract Candidate Pool by using tags and building engagement campaigns;
- Design hiring loops with little direction;
- Have STRONG feelings about which interview spot has the best donut deal-of-the-week #Resourcefulness.
Within your first year you’ll
- Own hiring processes from leading Hiring Manager pre-brief convos, to writing job descriptions from scratch, to participating in offer conversations;
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers to develop position-specific selection tests from scratch;
- Review incoming RFP’s, reach out to qualified contractor candidates, and gather required bid information in collaboration with our Growth Team;
- Conduct pre-screening calls for senior-level positions and confidently respond to technical and non-technical questions related to FreshWorks business.
Need to Haves:
- A completed or in progress post-secondary education;
- 1+ year of professional experience in IT Recruitment;
- Experience sourcing candidates, building and maintaining candidate pools, coordinating interviews;
- Experience conducting pre-screening interviews and making go/no-go decisions on candidate advancement;
- The ability to act as a key ambassador for FreshWorks Studio as an organization;
- Confident and self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking, and administrative skills;
- Pinpoint accuracy and attention to detail - we want to know exactly where that piece of spinach in our teeth is;
- Legal working status in Canada.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with developers and non-technical staff;
- Working knowledge of G-Suite programs;
- Familiarity with any of the following software: Greenhouse, Trello, Slack, Calendly.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.