We’d love to have you join us at our HQ in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it’s safe to do so!) and would be delighted to provide relocation assistance. However, we are completely remote friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the Pacific time zone (PST.)
In 2020, we were ranked as Canada’s 15th fastest growing company and we are looking for a talented Product Analyst to join our growing team. If you are looking to work toward a rewarding career as a Technical Consultant, Service Designer, or Technical Project Manager, we have a role that could be just the perfect fit. The role of an “Analyst” varies across each industry and even between companies. In fact, even the CIA has Analysts; this job won’t be nearly as dangerous as the CIA, but it will be more fun and equally as challenging.*
*Individual results may vary
Your main responsibility in this role is to work with our clients to formulate and solidify their product vision, and then turn that vision into concrete functional and technical project requirements. You will do this by conducting client-stakeholder meetings, facilitating user interviews, focus groups, and workshops, then using this feedback to create use cases, user stories, process models, and business requirements documentation for the client and development team's review.
- Generate project deliverables that guide or inform developers and clients during discovery and throughout the project lifecycle;
- Conduct meetings and facilitate workshops to elicit both functional and technical requirements;
- Document requirements, create use cases, user stories, and process models;
- Conduct User Experience (UX) research;
- Come up with fun nicknames for your other team members and cool-sounding code names for your projects;
- Collaborate with other IT experts and address business and technical needs;
- Support other team members' efforts including project managers or relationship managers in day-to-day operations for escalations, client calls and meetings, and questions around budget burn or project completion progress.
Need to Haves
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline;
- Diploma certificates are also okay, as are relevant years of on the job experience
- 2+ years of similar experience as a Technical Business Analyst, Product Owner, or Product Manager;
- A can-do attitude;
- Experience leading or contributing to requirements gathering, creating documentation and initiating processes to guide teams through successful software development;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Technical writing experience;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits for this role.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in some area of development, preferably web and/or mobile;
- Experience with public sector clients/projects;
- Scrum Master Certified or equivalent training;
- Standing record for the shortest escape time at an escape room;
- Experience with Jira;
- Understanding of the RFP procurement process.
Please include any examples of deliverables similar to those we have listed in this job description (ie: user stories, use cases, business requirement documents, user flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, technical writing samples or other similar items.)
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.