Victoria, BC or remote!
We’d love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it’s safe to do so!) and would be delighted to provide relocation assistance. However, we are completely remote friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the Pacific time zone (PST.)
We are seeking a passionate Pre-sales Specialist to join our team of 70+ employees. Your primary responsibility is to support the FreshWorks Growth Team in all sales proposal efforts. Much of the role will include writing and editing various RFP/RFQ/RFI/SOW responses. However, your writing skills may also be used to support our sales and marketing team with technical articles, case studies and blog posts.
As a Pre-sales Specialist, you're an ambitious and experienced writing professional that has a technical background and a keen interest in continuous learning. You are an excellent writer, you love to win, and you thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented work environment. When a writing challenge is presented to you, you're itching to research, learn, write and deliver.
You're not only a strong writer, but also a strategic thinker; you breeze through the analysis of large and complex documents, conduct research, and devise a winning strategy that incorporates client vision alongside our organizational values. You're as creative as you are technically sound and have a yearning to bring your passion and quality-driven delivery to a small, but mighty, writing team.
Ideally, you have experience writing and editing content for various RFPs/RFQs/RFI/SOWs, but you could also come from a background in journalism, technical writing, or sales and marketing. Whatever the case, you should be able to communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately.
Within your first month you’ll...
- Learn to write consistently with a FreshWorks brand voice, using active writing principles;
- Gain a deep understanding of our proposal lifecycle;
- Become extremely comfortable with our proposal boilerplate (so that you never have to write anything that’s already been written!);
- Take full ownership of any written sections that are assigned to you;
- Perform a daily bid search - bringing any possible opportunities to the team to evaluate.
Within your first 90 days you’ll...
- Take full ownership of a proposal from start to finish - tagging team members in sections where you require help;
- Understand FreshWorks service offerings, skillset and software development processes so that you know what sales opportunities are worth pursuing (ie. What do we do best? What skills do our developers have?);
- Review bid procurement documents (RFQ, RFP, RFI) to determine submission requirements and communicate them with the team;
- Support review and edit of proposals and provide your colleagues with a “sanity check” that all requirements have been met.
Within your first year you’ll...
- Take ownership of the entire proposal lifecycle, from bid search, to submission, and everything in between (we always review each other's work, but assign the proposal to one person);
- Help maintain win/loss metrics and strategize on ways we can improve;
- Propose and debate win strategies for proposals;
- Become a FreshWorks expert and a source of knowledge about our past project experience;
- Identify challenges and shortcomings in our overall process and propose solutions for how we can improve.
Need to haves
- 2+ years as part of a pre-sales/procurement/experience writing RFPs/RFQs/RFI/SOWs or related documents;
- Advanced writing skills and a passion for producing high-quality content;
- Good understanding and experience with different stages of software development, including requirements specification, development, quality assurance, and deployment;
- Highly organized, with a history of being detail-oriented and a track record of delivering quality output on time;
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines while working with multiple projects/stakeholders;
- Self-starter that can work independently with minimal oversight along with a proactive service attitude and willingness to follow a "hands-on/can do" approach;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits for this role.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, Business, Communication, Computer Science, Software Development or related field;
- Past experience in directly coordinating/writing/preparing proposals for the public and private sectors;
- Previous work experience in the software industry, ideally with software consultancy and/or development studios;
- Ability to generate graphical assets, like wireframes, mockups; skilled in photoshop/sketch etc.
Please submit a writing sample along with your resume if possible**
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.