FreshWorks Studio is seeking an exceptional individual to help support and develop our Public Sector practise. You will be responsible for generating, leading and managing a portfolio of our IT services engagements (projects) within BC’s public sector.
You will work closely with our Senior Management team and especially our CEO to develop and execute on a plan to support digital transformation initiatives across the provincial government. You will wear a variety of hats as an Account Manager, Relationship Builder, Project lead and Proposal Writer.
You will be an ambassador of the FreshWorks Studio brand. You bring a thoughtful and consultative approach to the job every day. You will be on the front lines of building deep relationships across a diverse network within Government, and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact. You are adaptable to fast-changing situations, adept at answering questions from clients, and diplomatic in your assessment of the clients’ needs. You understand people, can uncover needs, and make clients feel engaged. You are knowledgeable and curious, and see things from a Fresh perspective.
- Understand the strategic priorities of each Ministry, sharing this information across the Ministries and within FreshWorks;
- Develop relationships with Ministry influencers and decision-makers;
- Seek opportunities to share the work we are doing within the Ministries;
- Develop our consulting and advisory services within the Government;
- Take your learnings and insights to help create opportunities as well as support our responses to the RFI/RFP/RFQ process by playing a key role in our response team;
- Lead the kick-off of large-scale client engagements.
Need to Haves
- 5+ years of overall professional experience in management consulting, strategy, or business development, within or with the Public Sector;
- Solid understanding of the RFI/RFP procurement process, and ideally experience participating in the identification of new opportunities, through to helping develop proposal responses;
- Ability to build strong client relationships at the senior government level (DM/ADM/CIO) and leverage them to evaluate and create business opportunities;
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills, as well as supreme attention to detail. Ability to lead the strategy for a new client opportunity and lead the big meeting when it happens;
- Some understanding of software delivery, including the software delivery lifecycle, agile vs. waterfall, and software development lifecycle (SDLC) best practises.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate and/or masters level designation in a relevant discipline
- An understanding of Agile and Scrum best practices, possibly a Certified Scrum Master.
- Entrepreneur-oriented mindset is a plus!