Victoria, BC or Remote!
We would love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it is safe to do so) and will provide relocation assistance no matter where in the world you currently live.
We are nurturing one of THE best team of Android developers in Canada and have one spot available. Your primary responsibility is ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of our Android applications are up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence. You will typically work as part of a cross-functional development team to define, design, and ship value to our clients regularly.
As an Android Developer, you are confident with Google’s Material Design principles and interface guidelines. Based on wireframes and designs you will easily build up complex XML layouts that scale to multiple screen sizes and devices. Android OS only runs on like 5-6 devices anyway so it’s not that hard. You likely have experience with backend services since you will regularly integrate with backends such as Firebase or RESTful APIs and leverage services provided by companies like Google or Facebook.
You will develop and release new applications for our clients every 3-12 months on average. Along the way you will continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency. You will have ample knowledge of offline storage, concurrency, testing, and performance tuning. You also have a strong understanding of encryption and security best practices. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and you will use your knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our clients data safe. Sometimes lives may literally depend on it.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate the technology roadmap;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to the clients needs;
- Collaborate with our other Android experts and address business, technical, and logical needs;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Share high quality memes in our #random Slack channel;
- Help create test plans, test scripts, and conduct system testing;
- Participate in Android app development, deployment, and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications.
NEED to Haves:
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience;
- 3+ year experience with Android Studio and Java/Kotlin in a professional environment;
- Understanding of client-server architectures and RESTful APIs;
- Solid understanding of Java and/or Kotlin, the Android SDK, the Android support library, and Gradle;
- Knowledge of OOP concepts and MVP or MVVM architecture;
- Experience with unit testing;
- At least one published app that can be accessed through the Play Store;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- A can-do attitude in any circumstance;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
- Experience with Microsoft services including, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, FileNet (document repository), and Microsoft Passport;
- Experience with hybrid frameworks such as: Apache Cordova, Xamarin, or Ionic;
- Experience with the SAP Mobile Platform;
- Experience integrating with Geographic Integration Systems (GIS);
- An interesting hobby you can teach us about at demo day.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.