Victoria, BC - Remote for the moment works, but this role will require eventual relocation to Victoria, BC and working onsite from the Client's site.
We are growing quickly and are looking for talented Android developers to add to our Android team of four people. Your primary responsibility is ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of Android applications is up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence.
As an Android Developer, you are confident with Google’s Material Design principles and interface guidelines and can easily build up complex XML layouts that scale to multiple screen sizes based on wireframes and designs. Utilizing backend services is an asset for this position since you will integrate with back-ends such as Firebase or RESTful APIs and leverage services provided by companies such as Google and Facebook.
As an Android developer, you will have ample knowledge of offline storage, concurrency, testing, and performance tuning and a strong understanding of encryption and other security best practices. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and our Android team uses their knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our client data safe.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmap;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to the client needs;
- Collaborate with other Android experts and address business, technical, and logical needs;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Create test plans, test scripts, and conduct system testing;
- Participate in Android app development, deployment, and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications.
Need to Haves:
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ year experience with Android Studio and Java/Kotlin in a professional environment
- Understanding of client-server architectures and RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of Java and/or Kotlin, the Android SDK, the Android support library, and Gradle
- Knowledge of OOP concepts and MVP or MVVM architecture
- Experience with unit testing
- At least one published app that can be accessed through the Play Store
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
- Experience with Microsoft services including, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, FileNet (document repository), and Microsoft Passport
- Experience with hybrid frameworks such as: Apache Cordova, Xamarin, or Ionic
- Experience with the SAP Mobile Platform
- Experience integrating with Geographic Integration Systems (GIS)
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.