We're growing faster than your last batch of sea monkeys and looking for a passionate individual to execute on our digital media and content strategy. Your primary responsibility is to coordinate and activate various parts of our marketing plan while playing an active role in strategy development.
As a Digital Marketing Specialist, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills as you will be working with team members across the organization, our clients, our event guests, media representatives, and contractors. You will need strong organizational skills - if you’ve ever built a spreadsheet to plan a housewarming party, you’re on the right track. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and don't crack under pressure. You are ambitious, and want to work at a sustainable pace towards high impact and high quality results on projects you have owned from start to finish.
Your typical week might include:
- Updating our documented process for SEO of our digital content based on an article you read recently
- Scheduling social media drafts you created earlier for publishing now that you’ve gotten approval from the client
- Interviewing our team to collect information for an upcoming case study
- Coordinating with a designer to work on our company pitch deck
- Adding a new landing page to our WordPress based website and getting the developer to modify the responsive version
- Updating our library of available branding assets with new illustrations and custom graphics that were created in the past couple months
- Making an 8th revision to the company socks you’re trying to order because they’re just not quite good enough yet
- Reviewing our content calendar and following up with the 3 people who have a deadline for a blog they are writing
- Sorting through recent Contacts in our CRM to maintain good data health
- Preparing an automated workflow in HubSpot so that there are fewer junk contacts that make it into our CRM in the first place
- Updating our photo library with shots from a recent Demo Day
- Preparing and sending our company newsletter
Sound like fun and plenty of variety? Check your pockets and make sure you have a can-do attitude with you and you’ll do just fine here.
Need to haves
- 4+ years of related marketing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including creative and technical writing with a strong command of the english language
- Knowledge of WordPress backend and functionalities (or a similar CMS); working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; some experience with HTML and CSS (even if it was a while ago)
- Experience executing best practices in the digital communications and social media space
- Ability to oversee content production by coordinating multiple resources, making quick decisions, and providing honest feedback
- Imagination and creativity that can run free or be directed towards a specific objective when required
- Pinpoint accuracy and attention to detail - we need to know EXACTLY where that piece of spinach in our teeth is
- Legal working status in Canada; please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits for this role
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Sketch and Invision
- Familiarity with our commonly used software or a similar alternative (eg: Slack, HubSpot, Canva, Trello, GSuite products, Google Analytics/Search Console)
- Significant graphic design or video production chops
- Advanced experience with Google Analytics and SEO
- Event management experience
*Please provide one or more work samples in your cover letter or in the website field below. We'd love to see a website you've built, blog you've written, graphic you've designed or brand that you've branded!