Victoria, BC or remote!
We’d love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it’s safe to do so!) and would be delighted to provide relocation assistance. However, we are completely remote friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the Pacific time zone (PST.)
We are growing quickly and are looking for an intermediate QA Analyst to join our team of 70+ employees. The primary responsibility of the QA Analyst is to perform manual testing on our web and mobile apps to ensure the highest quality of work is published at FreshWorks Studio.
As a QA Analyst, you will conduct manual testing on products, in addition to documenting relevant test cases. As a manual tester, you will be responsible for driving an uncompromising focus on quality, and advocating for the user’s experience in the application. You will do this by extensively testing the end to end flow of the application, looking for bugs and verifying that requirements have been met. You will work closely with business analysts, scrum masters and developers to ensure that there are well defined QA criteria for all tasks being assigned to ensure ease of testing at completion. Once you find any bugs or requirements, you are responsible for logging and tasking them in JIRA for developers to complete.
As a QA Analyst, you require excellent communication skills and a strong ability to navigate applications, while providing constructive criticism and guidance to developers on bugs and UI/UX changes with designers. You have a grasp of developing and executing test scenarios for Android, iOS, and web, and providing code documentation that is clear and easy to read.
- Execute manual testing of applications by performing exploratory, acceptance, integration and regression testing among others;
- Develop and maintain test cases, test scenarios, and test documentation based on requirements and technical specifications;
- Execute, document & evaluate test results against expected results, identify and document discrepancies and review with senior staff, analysts and developers;
- File and follow up on issues while in the SDLC;
- Provide constructive criticism and guidance to developers on bugs and UI/UX changes with designers;
- Ensure that quality assurance methods and standards are maintained for all applications.
- 3-6 years of QA experience in a professional setting;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Strong testing skills and attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Experience working on both Web and Mobile App related QA projects;
- Experience working with debugging and development tools;
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Fast Learner to take on new systems and technologies;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits.
- Experience with API testing tools such as Postman, Swagger etc.;
- Experience with Atlassian products for project tracking and test case management;
- Experience with automation, running scripts with Frameworks such as Selenium, Robot Framework and Appium;
- Experience with software version control;
- Experience working with remote teams in other offices or cities;
- Experience with Cloud-based systems and technologies;
- Experience working on a scrum team.