Victoria, BC or remote!
We would love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it is safe to do so) and will provide relocation assistance no matter where in the world you currently live.
However, we are completely remote-friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the pacific time zone (PST).
Looking for a way to become a powerhouse iOS developer? You could wait until Apple is ready to put an M1 chip directly into your brain, but that might take years. Or, you could join a bunch of other talented people on our iOS team and build new apps from scratch every 3-12 months as part of a cross functional project team.
Your mission - if you choose to accept it - will be ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of iOS applications meet our’ standards of excellence. You are familiar with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and are comfortable converting wireframes and designs into a user interface using Interface Builder, .XIB files, and/or Swift code. You will work with JSON REST APIs (created by our web team) and you have experience with on-device storage, multi-threading, and performance tuning.
What You BRING
As an iOS developer, you are proficient at generating certificates, creating provisioning profiles, and successfully submitting your applications to the App Store. You have an interest in encryption, security best practices, and board games - but don’t worry we’ll provide the board games. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and our iOS team uses their knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our client data safe. Can you help us do that?
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate development roadmaps
- Identify and propose technology solutions that will meet the clients’ needs
- Collaborate with other iOS experts and address business, technical, and logical needs
- Participate in iOS app development, deployment and maintenance
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models
- Create test plans, test scripts and conduct system testing
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications
- Contribute to the overall company in culture building, teamwork, and positivity
Your QUALIFICATIONSNEED to Haves:
- A completed or in-progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience developing iOS apps
- Strong proficiency with UIKit and Swift
- Good understanding of REST APIs, and experience working with JSON.
- Working knowledge of core iOS frameworks, such as CoreLocation, MapKit, CoreAnimation, and UserNotifications
- Familiar with local storage technologies, including CoreData, UserDefaults, and the Keychain
- Understanding of SOLID programming principles, and how they apply to iOS development
- Knowledge of OOP concepts and patterns, such as the MVC, MVVM, or CLEAN design patterns
- Understanding of GIT and source control platforms, such as BitBucket and GitHub
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Can-do attitude in any situation
NICE to Haves:
- Experience with Objective-C
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Understanding of ARC and GCD
- Experience writing automated tests using XCTest
- Experience with hybrid frameworks, such as React Native and Kotlin/Multiplatform
- Experience in other tech stacks (i.e. Android, Frontend Web, or Backend Web development)
- Experience with CI/CD for iOS, such as with CircleCI
- Enough jokes that we won’t have heard them all within 3 months
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.