FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals.”
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
Starting pay for this job is $84,065.
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies, and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to lead our ongoing efforts to modernize, streamline, and unify our cloud infrastructure. Fresh Realm’s application stack is a developer-centric shared services platform. While our team members come from a wide range of technical backgrounds, we share a commitment to pragmatism and resilient engineering, focusing on long-term stability and scalability wherever possible.
Day-to-day, you will be providing internal technical platform support to other engineering teams and working directly on platform improvements. We primarily run in a multi-account AWS environment with multiple Kubernetes clusters, with RDS PostgreSQL databases as our primary data stores. We use Jenkins for CI and Chef (soon Ansible) for orchestration.
- We’re looking for a senior DevOps engineer and subject matter expert to take charge of FreshRealm’s AWS infrastructure, and implement solutions to strengthen observability, reliability, and performance. Simplify, maintain, and upgrade of Dockerized Kubernetes infrastructure in AWS.
- Enhance developer tooling through partnership with Application Engineering to implement and drive adoption of our standards for infrastructure and tools to enable engineers to develop, test and ship code
- Partner with the dev teams and assist with DevOps-related questions/tasks
- Maintain and simplify datadog infrastructure for logs, monitoring, and custom datadog metrics for performance and debugging
- Provide on-call support
- Our stack: AWS (RDS, EC2, ElastiCache, VPC, S3, CloudWatch, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudTrail, ELB, ECS for Kubernetes, Direct Connect, Kinesis, Lambda, API Gateway, Directory Service, ECR, Key Management Service, Systems Manager, SQS, SNS). Kubernetes (Helm, Linkerd), Docker, Terraform, Chef (soon Ansible), Jenkins
- A minimum of 5 years of professional technical experience in DevOps in a leadership role
- Commanding knowledge of:
- Kubernetes management
- Helm chart management/creation
- Terraform or other IaC offerings
- Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and Bitbucket CI toolings
- Groovy and Jenkinsfiles
- In-depth AWS experience and container orchestration, IAM, EC2, RDS, Route53 DNS, and VPC management. In-depth experience working around the artificial limitations of AWS RDS
- In-depth knowledge of Docker best practices and pitfalls
- In-depth experience with Datadog, especially around log aggregation and monitoring
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices and principles
- In-depth experience with self-inflicted disaster recovery and vulnerability mitigation
- Competency in Unit and Integration Testing
- Familiarity with OOP, Design Principles, and REST
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT/WORK CONDITIONS
Working Conditions: Fully remote. This position may also require night and/or weekend work.
- Learning Agility - The willingness and ability to learn from experience, and subsequently apply that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions.
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to deliver on what is required to advance the company; takes ownership of work from start to 100% finished work, brings others along with focused intensity
- Functional Skills - Possesses top level relevant, usable, experience and knowledge with the ability to establish themself as the best performer in the industry, at their role and level
- Courage - Prioritizes actions and decisions that move the company forward without hesitation around moments of uncomfortableness; laser focused on the tasks at hand that makes any conflict that could get in the way of that an afterthought
- Thoughtful - In-charge of the room, establishes clear directions in all forms of communication, inclusive, motivates, and in service to others
- Business Athlete - Understands and can execute on and expand FreshRealm's competitive edge strategies, knowledgeable about current and future industry dynamics, knows the competition, winner
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations