FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
Starting pay for this job is $84,800.
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies, and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Quality Engineer is an integral part of engineering and works with highly skilled software engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders, all of whom are passionate about quality and aim to deliver added value solutions to complex supply chain and customer challenges. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. Join us in our mission to deliver quality cooking experiences to our customers by helping us build a test platform that will make our engineering even more reliable.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- We’re looking for a senior leader of quality engineering adept at preventing feature regression and checking for completeness of feature coverage
- Responsible for the quality of 1-2 individual application engineering teams
- Develop rich test ideas, scenarios and experiments that yield an in-depth coverage of systems under stress (well above and beyond positive, negative and edge cases self-authored by developers at the unit test level)
- This role is a combination of manual QE and automation QE
- Manual testing
- Develop test scenarios that yield an in-depth coverage of systems, holistically from the point of view of a user
- Execute regression and feature tests against these test cases for front end and back end tests using web frontends, HTTP calls from postman, scripts in rails console
- Automated testing
- Write and maintain automated tests in an existing automation framework using Selenium, Cucumber, Rspec, in Java and Ruby
- Seek to continuously learn about systems, users, and business applications
- Be a part of the agile development workflow for the engineering teams you work with, from standups to sprint planning to backlog refinement and long-term planning
- Actively research new testing techniques, methodologies and tools, share them with the team, and apply them when there’s a potential for improvement
- Become a subject matter expert, share knowledge within the team and participate in onboarding of new team members
- Work with high-level specs in a fast-paced environment and think critically to provide the best test coverage within the constraints at hand
- Work on applications built on: Ruby on Rails, React, Ember, PostgreSQL, RSpec
- Deploy automated tests in Docker, ran in Jenkins
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- A minimum of 5 years of software testing experience, preferably in an agile environment
- In-depth experience defining and documenting testing scope for a team’s slate of projects
- Skilled in current test techniques, able to choose a test design approach based on each project’s context
- In-depth experience running and supplementing automation test suite for web applications
- Comfortable using the command line, GitHub and Bitbucket (or equivalent version control system), and working in a CI/CD pipeline such as Jenkins
- Experience working in microservices environments and continuous integration development on Github, AWS, Jenkins, Kubernetes a plus
- Experience working with product to weigh whether any changes to spec are acceptable; offers product enhancement suggestions when appropriate
- Experience logging and tracking defects in JIRA (or equivalent bug tracking system)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT/WORK CONDITIONS
Working Conditions: Fully remote. This position may also require night and/or weekend work.
- Learning Agility - The willingness and ability to learn from experience, and subsequently apply that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions.
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to deliver on what is required to advance the company; takes ownership of work from start to 100% finished work, brings others along with focused intensity
- Functional Skills - Possesses top level relevant, usable, experience and knowledge with the ability to establish themself as the best performer in the industry, at their role and level
- Courage - Prioritizes actions and decisions that move the company forward without hesitation around moments of uncomfortableness; laser focused on the tasks at hand that makes any conflict that could get in the way of that an afterthought
- Thoughtful - In-charge of the room, establishes clear directions in all forms of communication, inclusive, motivates, and in service to others
- Business Athlete - Understands and can execute on and expand FreshRealm's competitive edge strategies, knowledgeable about current and future industry dynamics, knows the competition, winner
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations