FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for in-plant process testing, compliance, and regulatory standards using FreshRealms quality and safety policy. While ensuring food safety and safe production standards are followed. Working with great independence and demonstrating good knowledge of various processes is critical for this role. Additionally, the technician will act as a resource regarding food safety-related processes, procedures, and equipment to other Associates and Trainees. Follows all health and safety standards and enforces the use of PPEs.
- Works with a high level of independence to perform tests of the production operations and equipment to ensure our products conform to specifications. Will recommend or make the necessary process or assembly adjustments. Provide technical support for cross-functional teams to ensure company quality and safety standards compliance.
- Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status after inspecting, testing, and measuring products for conformance to specifications. Perform inspection of products to ensure hygiene and good manufacturing practices (GMP) are used. Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products and recommend necessary corrective actions
- Monitor the quality of product manufacture and inspect process controls points defined by the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Reject or retain substandard raw materials, packing materials, IT equipment, and finished product that exceed acceptance criteria.
- May assist in performing requirements such as GMP, Glass, Pest Control, and other audits. A daily documentation of all QA concerns in the appropriate log book or forms, audit production checks and paperwork, and provide corrective recommendations if required
- Understands and completes a variety of paperwork associated with raw material, traceability, packaging, quality, and controls. Responsible for timely completion and accuracy of paperwork
- Assures that documentation is completed and delivered on time for proper daily review. May use computer software and electronic equipment to enter data
- Ensures all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed and may champion the GMP processes. At times may be assigned to other areas other than where they usually work
- Establish, maintain and promote good communications with all departments and levels of management
- Performs other tasks and duties as needed
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- One year of experience in a Quality Assurance or Quality Control environment is preferred
- Six months of experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Able to utilize standard processes, procedures, and equipment
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques to facilitate the manufacturing of our products
- Prior experience with HACCP preferred
- Able to perform essential math functions, including addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication
- General high school degree/GED or equivalent preferred
- Must be 18 or older to apply as required for machinery and/or equipment utilization
- Certificate in Food Handling, Culinary Arts, or other related training or education is helpful
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Learning Agility - The willingness and ability to learn from experience, and subsequently apply that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to deliver on what is required to advance the company; takes ownership of work from start to 100% finished work, brings others along with focused intensity
- Functional Skills - Possesses top level relevant, usable, experience and knowledge with the ability to establish themselves as the best performer in the industry, at their role and level
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, Inc does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, Inc.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations