FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm, we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes, and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat, and ready-to-cook offerings, are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience, and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality, and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm, meals are more than a source of nutrition; they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals.”
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth-minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Director of People will oversees the overall strategic direction, planning, coordination, administration, and evaluation of the people function. The director is responsible for developing and ensuring the effective implementation of plans, systems, policies, and processes for workforce planning, employee engagement, legal compliance, recordkeeping, and employee relations. This position requires a true strategic people partner who is collaborative and capable of building consensus and commitment toward shared outcomes. This role will be onsite at our San Clemente or Swedesboro facility.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- This role will be onsite at our San Clemente, CA or Swedesboro, NJ facility
- The role will require approximately 25% travel
- Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the Operations business unit
- Proactively supports the delivery of People Processes
- Manages complex and difficult People Projects cross-functionally
- Builds a strong business relationship with the organization
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes necessary to cover risks
- Assists in recruiting the key talents for the production sites
- Facilitates the management team to bring the best solutions for employees
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in the people management
- Designs and maintain organization vitality charts as the performance of each facility improves
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Challenges the organizational structure of the Operations organization and proposes changes
- Member Of the People Management Team
- Lead and develop People Business Partners at each site
- Manages and leads a team of People Business Partners
- Develop and drive talent management strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business. Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs, develop core competencies and corresponding development opportunities, and engage leadership in succession planning.
- Identify ways to increase staff retention and productivity, including strategies to enhance employee engagement, leadership and staff development, regular feedback and coaching, career pathing, and promoting a coherent organizational culture that positions FreshRealm as an “employer of choice.”
- Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management process, making sure that the organization’s managers are equipped to engage in constructive and ongoing feedback and coaching, collaborate effectively when co-managing staff, and encourage staff to participate in identifying and addressing performance gaps actively.
- Mitigate legal risk to the organization through proactive training and education, clear systems and processes for managing conflicts with and between employees, handling and investigating complaints of harassment/discrimination and other unjust practice allegations
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience in Human Resources or a related field
- A minimum of 7 years of HR generalist experience partnering directly with senior leadership to develop, align and implement HR and organizational development strategies
- Experience implementing strategies and systems for talent management and HR technology
- HRCI and/or SHRM Certification required or attained within one year of hire
- Working knowledge of employment laws and other compliance issues
- Proficiency in Google Suite and HR system applications
- Experience supervising and developing staff
- Ability to identify, influence, and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve desired organizational outcomes
- Previous experience in Human Resources Management
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing and delivering presentations
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision-making, project management, and process improvement
- Ability to listen and probe to understand underlying needs and/or root cause of an issue
- Ability to provide thoughtful, progressive, and strategic guidance
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
- Outstanding judgment, sensitivity, and high discretion
- Project Management and Change Management Skills
- Strong Business Acumen and leadership abilities
- Strong Time Management and Priorities Management Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Labor Law Knowledge Skills
- Team Player
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
FreshRealm, Inc does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, Inc.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations
The base salary range for this full-time position is $139840 - $200,000.
Ranges are developed according to the scope and level of the role and represent the minimum and maximum target for the role. Individual compensation is determined by a variety of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or certifications, and in consideration of a total compensation package including elements such as benefits, bonus, and equity where applicable.