FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Maintenance Technician serves as support to the manufacturing & packing teams by providing quality maintenance support services to maximize machine availability and minimize downtime. Maintains a focus on quality product and timely repairs to meet objectives. Exercises appropriate judgment and discretion, dealing with others and resolving equipment or machinery issues. Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve efficiency, capability and yield. Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventive and unscheduled maintenance). Troubleshoots and diagnoses the more complex equipment problems. Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures. Follow all safety and health standards.
- Ensures production and facility equipment availability on a daily basis. Replaces defective control units, relay boards, servo units, or other components. Recommend the need to repair or replace components. Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all material handling equipment components. Perform maintenance duties to troubleshoot and repair defective equipment in a timely manner
- Respond to assigned work orders and input to the Maintenance Management System
- Repair, overhaul, disassemble, assemble, install, and dismantle production equipment and supporting components. May be required to fabricate, weld, solder, parts to keep equipment in operations. Responsible for maintaining sufficient parts, tools, lubricants, supplies, motors, and equipment in operational order to repair equipment on site
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance duties and generate work requests to repair defective equipment
- Communicate closely with Supervisors, & Team Leads and other team members on the status of work progress. Estimates anticipated downtime/ repair time
- Assist in the education of Associate team members and Maintenance co-workers to produce a multifunctional maintenance department
- May troubleshoot for all manufacturing teams as necessary to complete their tasks, accounting for a minimum amount of downtime and to maintain quality
- Work with process and project leads as necessary to install new equipment, modify existing equipment, and support new processes. May need to instruct Associates and may redirect operators and team members to SOP’s, when appropriate
- Work safely, and lead by example ensuring all GMP and technical processes are followed by all. All related paperwork, supplies and documentation is done daily
- Develop, maintain and use reliable methods for all processes and their improvements
- Enforces the clean-as-you-go policy and practices. Have a place for everything and everything in its place
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Typically requires 3-5 years of related experience, or may need 2 years experience with additional specialized training and/or certification
- Maintenance-related experience using a variety of recognized trades methods and techniques. This may include 2 or more of the following: maintenance of a variety of machines, fillers, sealers, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC, welding, basic carpentry, electrical and waste-water treatment facility experience
- Experience working in a chilled food manufacturing environment preferred
- Preferred/ helpful knowledge and skill: working in electrical maintenance, installation and troubleshooting, instrumentation repair and calibration, computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).Must be able to wear all required safety equipment including eye protection, hearing protection and fall protection in elevated positions
- Good auditory perception to respond to safety and operational sounds
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills to all levels including co-workers, production employees, vendors and other agency representatives
- Willingness to flow to work as required by changing conditions and priorities
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Word and Excel
- Demonstrate knowledge with HazMat, MSDS, SDS, ADA, NFPA, OSHA and other regulations that apply to the trades and manufacturing
- Ability to read blueprints and/ or schematics
- Ability to work well under pressure, while remaining calm and making rational decisions
- Ability to resolve related problems, corrective action, exercising good technical judgment and precedent matters
- Able to work in a chilled environment, walking and standing for extended periods. Repetitive lifting, reaching, pushing required
Working Conditions: Work is primarily conducted in Production Plant
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to a variety of varying weather conditions, trash, waste, chemicals and other materials. The noise level in the work environment and facility can be loud. The employee must be able to adapt to working in an environment that is chilled and that surfaces may be slippery
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting up to 40lbs; pull/push up to 60 lbs., grasp small products and identify very small variations in the product. Sight is required for observing work and production. May be exposed to active machinery and moving equipment, food particles and trash. May be required to use a forklift or other machinery
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other business duties as assigned
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations