FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
FreshRealm is seeking a Director, Regional Operations to provide leadership and direction for all East Coast Plant activities. This role will ensure the attainment of all cost, launch timelines, safety, as well as customer satisfaction, and financial KPI’s & targets. The director will direct, through subordinate management. Responsible for managing multiple fast paced production facilities across Fresh Realm’s operations team. Ensure maximum efficiency while at all times maintaining the highest standards of quality, legislative, and company specifications. Provides training and motivation to Plant managers, team members, using recognition, positive feedback and other rewards with appropriate discretion in a continuous improvement environment. Follows and enforces all health and safety standards and ensures the use of SOP’s.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Inspiring leader for the entire team of managers, employees, continually enhancing employee engagement, whilst ensuring a true people culture with a maximum level of accountability to fulfil performance expectations
- Directs subordinate management, in helping to select employees, providing training and development, evaluating performance, and building a motivated, effective team to ensure that organizational goals for development, productivity, performance management are met through one to ones, setting objectives, and PDP’s
- Analyze Labor KPI’s’ ensuring proper explanation of the reasons for ‘Lost’ time and to work with Plant Managers on addressing the resulting issues. Effectively manage the labour resource and control this to within the given budgets / targets for the required output
- Assure ERP System data integrity is maintained, drive the inventory process to ensure accuracy is maintained. Work with the teams to understand the ERP system (SAP, ensure cycle counts and systematic issues are executed. Adjustments are investigated, root caused and prevented in the future
- Manage through the PM’s and effectively manage the material resource and control this to within the targets for the required and not exceed plant budgets
- Promotes ‘Quality’ within the facility by positively reinforcing the Company’s quality ethos and encouraging a ‘right the first time, every time’ approach
- To control and minimize inventory, freight, distribution and other variable overheads, and ensure that an effective communication system is in place that should include team briefings and weekly management meetings with the plant management teams
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Quality standards as identified on product specifications, to isolate and address any non-conformance and monitor measures designed to maintain and improve standards within the plants using JIRA
- Liaise with the IT department to ensure faults / repairs are properly reported and corrected and to agree on the availability of machinery and equipment for maintenance
- To own and and ensure that others are also aware of inspections, tours and visits and that all necessary preparation is carried out
- To identify and effectively resolve any problems affecting performance within the Department. To ensure ‘Process Control’ systems are properly implemented and maintained
- Develops recommendations for improving operations, create implementation plans and budgets to meet cost reduction objectives Actively trains and coaches Team within the Operation
- Responsible for the highest level of health and safety for the employees, agency employees and the consumer. Required to report and to complete ‘Accident / Incident’ forms and conduct any necessary investigation, taking measures to prevent additional problems or reoccurrence. Ensures proper training and re-training is conducted as needed
- Ensure operational efficiencies are met, plant capacity is achieved and change over times are reduced
- A Minimum (5) years experience in a production management role, preferable in a chilled food environment, within a fast paced business
- Experience working in a fresh food manufacturing environment applying common processes, procedures and equipment
- Experience managing in a chilled food manufacturing business preferred
- 2 years or more experience applying and enforcing routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) in a food environment is essential
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or closely related field
- Comfortable with 80% travel to cover multiple sites
- Minimum (5) years experience in a production management role within a fast paced business, preferably within a chilled food environment
- Manufacturing experience in food is preferable
- Good understanding of all continuous improvement production techniques
- Knowledge of large-scale business start-up is preferred
- Demonstrated ability at being a team player
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment and demonstrated delivery through change
- Certified and trained in OSHA requirements or expectations, HACCP, SDS, First Aid/CPR, and Food Hygiene
- Ability to motivate others to work routine and monotonous processes and stand for extended periods of time
- Must have a good understanding of English, bilingual (Spanish) speaking skills are helpful
- Ability to work in a cold environment and stand for extended periods
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations