FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Assistant General Manager, Plant Operations plans, builds and manages the food packer fulfillment center operations to consistently deliver on-time, accurate customer orders containing exceptional quality fresh food to our retail customers. The Assistant General Manager will bring food/perishable fulfillment center expertise and lean practices, combined with strong quality systems experience, to passionately engage a warehouse team to co-create a new era in fresh food delivery.
- Support the improvement of day-to-day operations in a rapid-growth environment, ensuring on-time delivery of accurate customer orders containing exceptional quality fresh food
- Work collaboratively with FreshRealm and a connected team of food makers and food carriers
- Support the operation by the right numbers, every day, all day. Use the numbers to assure the above and continuously identify areas for improvement
- Support management of daily exceptions, as they arise, with grace. Execute work-arounds, as necessary, to protect the customer experience while queueing-up continuous improvements to prevent recurrence. * Dynamically build scaling and expansion strategies for fulfillment operations — both within the warehouse and for new facilities — in collaboration with executive leadership
- Execute against a roadmap of initiatives that will iteratively and rapidly enable growth while ensuring consistency across the operation, including:
- Piece-pick methodologies and supporting technology
- Semi- and fully-automated equipment
- Define, grow and empower the Operations team to deliver excellence by setting high standards and collaborating with partners and employees
- Identify, negotiate agreements with and manage key operations vendors and partnerships to achieve expansion and deliver excellence targets
- Maintain exceptional customer experience standards across the operation
- Ensure alignment of operational capacity with demand forecasts
- Engage the entire team in the execution of continuous improvement events, co-developed with the Food Safety & Quality lead
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with business or engineering focus
- 2+ years experience in supporting operations management
- 1+ years successfully supporting operations through rapid growth and scaling, including the management of employees, partners and vendors
- 2+ years in a direct-to-consumer fulfillment operation
- 2+ years with food preparation, storage, fulfillment and/or transportation
- Knowledge and experience supporting lean operations (mfg./fulfillment/distribution) and continuous improvement programs
- Background with modern quality management systems such as Lean, TQM, Six Sigma
- Systemic thinker; value-stream and root-cause analysis-driven
- High performance management
- Demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate options, apply sound judgement and engage teams to deliver results
- Bias toward immediate action; iterate for improvements & optimization
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal, at all levels of management
- Passion for changing the food system demonstrated by an understanding of the current challenges and active participation in change
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheets (MS-Excel & Google Sheets), including pivot-tables/- charts, graphing, statistical analysis
- SAP background a plus
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations