FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Manager, NPD Culinary will be primarily responsible for own label and branded research and development projects across the business. The R&D Manager will be both internal and external facing at many levels. The NPD Manager is responsible for assisting the Culinary Director in leading the organization in research for new products, product enhancements and product redesign. Evaluates the potential and practicality of products in development and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position requires exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities described herein.
- Responsible for driving NPD projects from product brief through concept to handoff in a multi-site environment which is geographically diverse
- The role will be responsible for presenting a wide array of NPD concepts to internal / external customers
- Deliver the development concepts to agreed critical paths meeting brief objectives, brand and nutritional policies. Need to be able to manage multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Will have a focused, hardworking and entrepreneurial attitude to business and come from a food product background with a passion for NPD
- As a positive and passionate team player, you will not be phased by working under pressure and to deadlines with strong project management and interpersonal skills. An understanding of fresh food is essential
- Manages development team to deliver product build specifications, batch sheet mixing instructions, cooking instructions and initial costing for all new approved product development
- Manage internal and external marketing, sales etc. sample requests
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Oversees key NPD development within the team, and supports processes and performance reviews for each chef across all locations
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project
- Management of NPD Culinary team across the organization
- Suppliers interaction and keeping abreast of future trends
- A Minimum (5) years experience in a NPD management role
- Experience working in Fresh food short shelf RTH, RTC meal etc. manufacturing environment
- New product development background within Fresh F.M.C.G.
- 2+ years of experience working in a start-up environment preferred but not required
- Brand and Private label development work
- Nutritional and dietary experience preferred but not required
- Eligible and clear to work in the U.S.A
- Related training or education
- Market and product research; identifying range architecture and opportunities
- Analyzing and stays current with the latest food trends, changes in market and suppliers
- Exceptional project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects of complex scope
- Innovative and creative with excellent leadership and influencing abilities
- Set and manage project objectives, critical paths and timelines
- Ability to recognize and respond quickly to changes in direction
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/G Suite
- Responsible for improving current processes and activities to promote efficiency, quality and manage costs
- Responsible for collaborating with and motivating team members to attain company goals
- Ability to travel for work up to 25%
- Project management and critical judgement skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-growing start-up environment is a must as is the ability to work under own initiative, comfortable setting goals, analyzing performance and course corrections as needed
- Must understand product development cycle from concept to commercialization including cost parameters and shelf life implications
- Knowledge of industry best practices for Fresh food, labeling and packaging
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations