FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The General Manager, Plant Operations is responsible for managing a fast-paced production plant within FreshRealm’s operations team. Drive the site performance for KPIs to ensure maximum efficiency while at all times, maintaining the highest standards of quality, legislative, and company specifications. Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, positive feedback and other rewards with appropriate discretion in a continuous improvement environment. Engages assistant General Managers and supervisors to ensure their development and follows all health and safety standards and enforces use of PPE’s.
- Promotes ‘Quality’ within the facility by positively reinforcing the Company’s quality ethos and encouraging a ‘right the first time, every time’ approach; to also ensure regular attendance at ‘testing panels’ by self and staff
- Ensure that Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP’s), as indicated by product specifications or other media, is adhered to at all times and stages of the process. Enforces GMP’s, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s), quality and proper documentation of processes. Enforces the clean-as-you-go policy and practices
- Responsible for the monitoring site P/L ensuring budgeted standards are met. As discrepancies in the actuals vs. standard are found, this role will analyze and implement corrective and preventive actions to realign the plant financials ensuring the Organizational AOP is realized
- Responsible to control material used to ensure costs stay within budgeted levels. Monitor shift operations and productivity. Maximize the efficiency of the department and ensure Daily Production plan targets are attained.
- Responsible for creating and modifying and adjusting team member work schedules, and granting time off, as is appropriate, to ensure effective communication at all levels and complete all necessary administrative work. You will actively resolve problems that team members raised to you. You will give positive feedback to help build their confidence and provide constructive criticism to develop their skills. Responsible for coaching and discipline of team members
- Responsible for driving daily, weekly and monthly communication meetings with the site and larger Organizational teams to ensure company objectives are met
- Analyze ‘Downtime’ ensuring proper explanation of the reasons for ‘Lost’ production and to liaise with other General Managers on addressing the resulting issues. Effectively manage the labor resource and control this to within the given budgets/targets for the required output
- Assure the inventory accuracy is maintained and cycle counts are executed. Adjustments are investigated and the inventory team is trained and proficient in SAP
- Work with staff to effectively manage the labor resource and control this to within the given budgets/targets for the required output. Address issues of discipline, grievance and welfare within the guidelines laid out in the company’s published policies and procedures. To maintain and not exceed departmental budgets
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Quality standards as identified on product specifications, to isolate and address any non-conformance within 24 hours and monitor measures designed to maintain and improve standards within the Department.
- Liaise with the Quality department on issues affecting the plant and with the IT department to ensure faults/repairs are properly reported and corrected and to agree on the availability of machinery and equipment for maintenance.
- Assure SAP ERP System data integrity is maintained by confirming that Production Orders, Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, and Inventory Batches are closed as needed daily by the team
- To identify and effectively resolve any problems affecting performance within the Department. To ensure ‘Process Control’ systems are properly implemented and maintained, including scanning of all items
- Responsible for the highest level of health and safety for the employees, agency employees and the consumer. Required to report and to complete ‘Accident / Incident’ forms and conduct any necessary investigation, taking measures to prevent additional problems or reoccurrence. Ensures proper training and re-training are conducted and documented as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Manufacturing experience in food is preferred
- Good understanding of all continuous improvement production techniques
- Knowledge of large-scale business start-up is preferred
- Demonstrated ability at being a team player
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment and demonstrated delivery through change.
- Certified and trained in OSHA requirements or expectations, HACCP, SDS, First Aid/CPR, and Food Hygiene
- Ability to motivate others to work routine and monotonous processes and stand for extended periods of time
- Must have a good understanding of English, bilingual (Spanish) speaking skills are helpful
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods
Experience / Education:
- Advanced education in Food Safety or Culinary Arts is helpful
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education. A degree or certificates in HACCP, Food Handling, Culinary Arts or other related training or education is preferred
- A Minimum (5) years experience in a production management role, preferably in a chilled food environment, within a fast-paced business
- 3 years or more experience applying and enforcing routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) in a food environment is essential
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations