FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The position will have responsibility across multiple US sites. Successfully troubleshoot, manage facility issues and prior experience facilitating the expansion of a major operation. Oversees the Plant Maintenance Managers to ensure daily plant maintenance is achieved, and the teams are managed effectively, according to plan. The ideal candidate will support and exemplify the vision and principles of the business.
- Resolves facilities and maintenance related issues, exercising good technical judgement in planning and organizing hands-on effort.
- Ensures facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and that work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines. Manages contractors engaged for facility renovation projects.
- Leads and coordinates the work of project Engineers and contractors engaged in the purchase & installation of equipment, and build alterations of the facility.
- Exercises appropriate judgement and discretion. Delegates work assignments to team members as appropriate and actively works cross functionally across all departments to ensure that all projects meet the requirements of internal customers.
- Develops staff and gives positive feedback to help build team members confidence. Provides constructive criticism to develop their skills. Follow all safety, building and health standards
- Promotes ‘Quality’ within the facility by positively reinforcing the Company’s quality ethos and encouraging a ‘right the first time, every time’ approach; to also ensure regular attendance at ‘testing panels’ by self and staff.
- Ensures that Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP’s), as indicated by product specifications or other media, is adhered to at all times and stages of the process. Enforces GMP’s, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s), quality and proper documentation of processes. Enforces the clean-as-you-go policy and practices
- Works on new construction and remodeling projects of fresh food refrigerated warehouse spaces, supports Site Maintenance Managers with floor plans needed for moves and occupancy planning.
- Ensures technical specifications are adhered to at all times. Conducts research, investigations, and recommends action plans. Creates, updates and publishes facilities maps, and provides updates or reports of current room utilization and dimensions.
- Manages large scale projects up to the value of $5 million. Completes project scopes, CAPEX sheets, documents User Requirement Specifications, completes Factory Acceptance Tests, Start Up Check Sheets.
- Liaise with external contractors and ensure the highest standards of work, lead the permitting process ensuring no interruption to agreed timescales.
- Coordinates with utility and insurance companies and other agencies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and codes, e.g., electrical, fire, boiler, and backflow preventers maintains records, reports and files appropriately.
- Works with General managers, & site Maintenance Managers to establish, renew, or terminate vendor contracts.
- Responsible for the highest level of health and safety for the employees, agency employees and the consumer. Required to report and to complete ‘Accident / Incident’ forms and conduct any necessary investigation, taking measures to prevent additional problems or reoccurrence. Ensures proper training and re-training are conducted as needed.
- Handles tenant requests and issues - point of contact for lease and broker questions for all plants & facilities around the country.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience working in corporate real estate/facilities department
- Working knowledge of ADA and current building codes
- High mechanical and technical maintenance understanding
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Understanding of Building Control Systems
- Experience managing facilities of 40,000 sq. ft or greater
- Strong time & project management skills
- Certified and trained in OSHA requirements or expectations, HACCP, SDS, and Food Hygiene
- Must have a good understanding of English, bilingual (Spanish) speaking skills are helpful
Experience / Education
- A Minimum (5) years experience in a management role, preferably in a chilled food environment, within a fast-paced business.
- Experience working in a fresh food manufacturing environment applying common processes, procedures and equipment. Experience managing in a chilled food manufacturing business preferred.
- 3 years or more experience applying and enforcing routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) in a food environment is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and five years of managerial experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products.
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.