FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
Reporting to the CFO, the EVP - Corporate Controller, will own FreshRealm’s corporate and operational accounting functions. This candidate will lead all financial reporting and compliance activities, build a scalable accounting function and play a key role in preparing for and taking the company through a public listing process.
- Lead the companywide controllership function and own all aspects of general accounting, technical accounting, SOX controls and compliance, reporting and analysis, SEC reporting, treasury, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit preparation and oversight
- Play a leadership role in the organization, including improving management reporting, mentoring team members and assisting with business optimization
- Lead high performing accounting team providing accurate and expedited period end closings
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards, PCAOB standards and regulatory requirements
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring and reporting standards on a monthly and annual basis
- Assess current accounting operations and drive new processes, as appropriate, resulting in improved outputs and productivity
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new and future legislation
- Review, establish and maintain internal control processes to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures and workflow
- Manage and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity in a high growth environment
- Monthly preparation of financial reports and required bank reporting and cash flow activities
- Lead team and work diligently with advisors to optimize tax and accounting practices
- Coordinate audits, ensuring all audit issues are resolved, all compliance issues are met and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with US GAAP and federal, state and other supplementary schedules and information
- Provide support across all business functions as it relates to financial reporting and analysis
- Reinforce company-wide teamwork to ensure timely, thorough and high quality outcomes
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for team performance and growth
Desired Skills & Experience:
Skills and Requirements
- Leadership skills with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- US public company experience (managing readiness of accounting and internal controls through a public offering process preferred)
- SEC Reporting experience
- CPA designation preferred
- Early stage company/start up mentality preferred
- Inspirational leadership style with hands-on approach
- Clear, decisive leader with team-first mentality
- Passion for excellence combined with a desire to solve complicated issues
- Proven experience streamlining and driving change throughout accounting processes ensuring organizational and working capital efficiencies
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Experience in production business and related accounting activities
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Experience in or exposure to corporate development, M&A, venture or other finance environments that involve investing, acquisitions or other types of deal structuring
- History of decision-making based on business metrics
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field
- Big 4 experience preferred
- 10+ years experience in executive leadership positions
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations