FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing a department within a fast paced production plant within FreshRealm’s operations team. Ensure maximum efficiency while at all times maintaining the highest standards of company specifications. Provide training and motivation to team members, using recognition, positive feedback and other rewards with appropriate discretion in a continuous improvement environment. Follows all health and safety standards and enforces use of PPE’s.
- To ensure the full implementation of ‘Safety Systems’
- To identify and effectively resolve any problems affecting performance within the Department
- Maximize the efficiency of the department and ensure Daily Production plan targets are attained
- Maintain highest standards of hygiene, both within the department and all surrounding areas
- Ensure that ‘Good Manufacturing Practice’ as indicated by product specifications or other media, is adhered to all times and stages of the process
- Analyze ‘Downtime’ ensuring proper explanation of the reasons for ‘Lost’ production and to liaise with other Departments / Plant Managers on addressing the resulting issues
- Effectively manage the labor resource and control this to within the given budgets / targets for the required output
- Deal with staff issues of discipline, grievance and welfare within the guidelines laid out in the Company’s published policies and procedures
- To promote ‘Quality’ within the department by positively reinforcing the Company’s quality ethos and encouraging a ‘right first time, every time’ approach
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Quality standards as identified on Product Specifications, to isolate and address any non-conformance’s and monitor measures designed to maintain and improve standards, elevate issues to the QA dept.
- To ensure ‘Process Control’ systems are properly implemented and maintained
- Ensure department Associates are managed, motivated and trained
- To maintain and not exceed departmental budgets
- To ensure effective communications at all levels and complete all necessary administrative work
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Manufacturing experience in food is preferable
- Knowledge of large-scale business start-up is preferred
- Demonstrated ability at being a team player
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment and demonstrated delivery through change
- Certified and /or trained in OSHA requirements or expectations, HACCP, SDS, First Aid/CPR, and Food Hygiene
- Ability to motivate others to work routine and monotonous processes and stand for extended periods of time
- Must have a good understanding of English, bilingual (Spanish) speaking skills are helpful
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods
Experience / Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Advanced education in Food Safety or Culinary Arts is helpful
- A Minimum (1) year experience in a first level production management role, preferable in a chilled food environment, within a fast paced business
- Experience working in a fresh food manufacturing environment applying common processes, procedures and equipment
- Experience managing in a chilled food manufacturing business preferred
- 1 years or more experience applying and enforcing routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) in a food environment is essential
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations