FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Regulatory Specialist is responsible for creating nutritional facts panels from product recipes and ingredient specifications in line with current labeling requirements. The role also conducts full reviews of all product labels to ensure all information conforms to regulatory requirements including naming conventions and formatting, and that ingredients meet customer brand values. The position will be responsible for creating customer and internal product specifications and upkeep of these specifications on relevant databases.
- Creates nutritional and ingredient declarations using NFP software programs.
- Reviews recipe and ingredients for regulatory compliance in relation to labelling regulations and customer values.
- Submitting labels to USDA for approval and managing approval process.
- Creating draft NFP during the development stage.
- Updates and maintains intermediate and final product specifications in customer and internal databases.
- Supports the NPD team to ensure that any potential regulatory issues are identified during the feasibility stage.
- Works with regulatory bodies to resolve any labelling issues or concerns.
- Works with customers and printers to ensure accurate labels/artwork is generated, reviewed, approved and filed appropriately.
- Accountable for sign off of artwork against agreed label copy throughout the arktowk process.
- Assists in maintenance of internal document control program.
- Provides support to Food Safety and Compliance Manager for all regulatory and third party audit activities.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in developing NFPs from recipes and material specifications.
- In depth knowledge of FDA/USDA labeling regulations.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight timescales.
- Maintains high level of professionalism in all interactions.
- Ability to multi-task across a number of concurrent projects and multiple teams.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in food nutrition, food science or related field.
- 3+ years in regulatory affairs in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Genesis software.
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.