FreshRealm - CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Food Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for developing food safety plans across multiple product categories, maintaining the integrity of the global food safety systems and ensuring compliance to applicable regulatory and customer standards. The role encompasses review of site and business performance via tracking and trending of KPI data, validating site adherence to procedures via auditing, providing regulatory support and approval on product labeling requirements and management of product specifications.
- Develop and manage Food Safety Plans for all products in line with regulatory requirements
- Collaborates with all facilities to develop and implement global Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory policies
- Manage quality management program procedures and ensure documents comply with current accreditation standards
- Performs label reviews, completes regulatory related documentation, ensures the regulatory compliance of all products
- Facilitates the completion of regulatory documentation to support FDA/USDA approval for all sites
- Provides advanced knowledge and understanding of all relevant regulatory trends in the areas of food processing, ingredients, formulations, IP status and label compliance at the global level
- Manage BRC certification process across all sites and conducts corporate readiness assessments.
- Collaborate with site quality teams and operations partners to conduct the FSQA management review at planned intervals to ensure suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the FSQA management programs
- Supports facilities with best-practices implementation and shared learnings on food safety incidents
- Performs site audits (e.g. GMP, sanitation) to ensure compliance with all regulatory, customer, and company food safety and quality requirements
- Analyze food safety and quality data including but not limited to: customer complaints, hold management, environmental monitoring, and/or receiving data to determine adverse trends
- Provides regular updates to senior management regarding food safety and regulatory issues through data collection and KPI reporting
- Maintain current and thorough understanding of relevant accreditation standards through conference attendance and trainings
- Support site continuous improvement discussions, identifying areas of improvement through data analysis and evaluation of trends
- Oversees product specification database for private label and own brand products
- Assign and oversee daily workflow for Regulatory Specialists
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in developing Food Safety plans for FDA and USDA food products
- PCQI certified, Seafood HACCP certified
- In depth knowledge of BRC standards and FDA/USDA regulatory requirements
- Experience with management of food safety, quality and regulatory compliance programs for multiple facilities
- Auditing against internal and external standards
- Ability to create reports based on data collection and strong presentation skills across a range of different stakeholders
- Knowledge of NFP creation and labeling requirements
- Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task across a number of concurrent projects
- Willingness to travel (approximately 10% of time)
Experience / Education:
- 5+ years in Food Safety Management and Regulatory affairs in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Safety, Food Science or related field
Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and/or alien authorized to work in the US on an unlimited basis
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations