At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Operations Controller will play an important role in the company’s fiscal strength and growth objectives. The core responsibilities of the Operations Controller will be devising, validating and monitoring KPIs and Metrics which ensure the company’s production facilities are meeting financial performance targets.
- Maintenance of the Company’s Standard Cost inventory valuation scheme
- Responsible for the Company’s Inventory Risk Assessment and management of inventory reserve
- Develop detailed costing models in collaboration with Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Operations and other internal partners
- Define and implement a robust, activity-based, full-absorption costing structure
- Responsible for ensuring strict compliance throughout the organization with the defined SAP master data scheme.
- Ensure clear policy definitions for timing, frequency and approval of cost updates/mass revaluations, system maintenance for BOMs and Routings, cost pool definitions, allocations, and accounting master data enhancements
- Ensure the organization is compliant with industry standards and regulations and help identify any areas for process improvements.
- As reconciliation or variance issues are discovered or reported, it is the Operations Controller’s responsibility to research, devise solutions, communicate, and drive resolution
Desired Skills & Experience:
Skills and Requirements
- Strong Technical Cost Accounting understanding
- Good systems implementation and configuration experience
- Good fiscal controllership and use of best practices
- Project management experience. Leading a team to focus on specific objectives with persons of varying skill levels, technical understanding, and degrees of engagement to accomplish a goal
- Good process understanding regarding Product Life Cycle from inception to discontinuation
- Good understanding of Production Operations as it pertains to plant activities and financial system effects
- Good business sense to identify anomalies coupled with high initiative and an aptitude to get into details very quickly
- Must have a solid understanding of the Balance Sheet, P&L, Inventory Risk assessment, reserves, variance analysis, etc. Must have experience with forecasting, budgeting, planning and operations variance types and causes
- Data management – copious amounts of financial data are handled by the Operations Controller in carrying out the monitoring, analyzing, and auditing responsibilities. Must be adept at Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical skills – staying abreast of financial performance, planning, drivers of variability, and making recommendations for improvements requires the Operations Controller to analyze various financial records and results
- Ethics – because this position handles various confidential records and sensitive financial statements, it requires a candidate with high moral standards
- Communication skills – the Operations Controller requires excellent speaking and writing abilities to make presentations to all levels of management, to manage or coordinate with other accounting and finance personnel, and to correspond with internal and external departments
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance
- CMA, CPA certification and/or an MBA are preferred but not required. Experience matters
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.