FreshRealm - The Power of Fresh Thinking
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Sales Director, R&D will be primarily responsible for research and lead fresh food projects at category and product level, monitoring market trends, competitor performance and analyzing gaps to update development and maximize company sales opportunities. The Sales R&D Director will be a key influencer in setting and managing internal and external expectations. The Sales R&D Director will be mainly internal facing but comfortable and capable of interactions with customers and suppliers at many levels. It will be expected that you will provide assistance in scoping new projects and developing proposals with members of the Sales and Marketing team; then creating the product briefs and critical paths for approved development. This role is responsible for leading the organization in research for new products, product enhancements and product redesign. Evaluates the potential and practicality of products in development and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Creating the internal working brief and effectively communicating project goals and gaining consensus through collaboration on project plans and next steps
- Responsible for driving Sales R&D projects from category/product research through concept to launch in a multi-site environment which is geographically diverse. You will own creating the category/product briefs in-line with research that you have carried out to support each project
- The role will be responsible for presenting the rationale to cross-functional teams to drive the Sales R&D projects, creating agreed critical paths and gate stage dates. Must be comfortable wearing many hats to assist the cross-functional team where needed to meet objectives, principles, actions and timelines to hit aggressive deadlines
- Will have a focused, hardworking and entrepreneurial attitude to business and ideally come from a food product background with a passion for Sales R&D
- As a positive and passionate team player, you will not be phased by working under pressure and to deadlines with strong project management and interpersonal skills. An understanding of fresh food would be preferred but not essential
- Originate new products in concert with customer needs and business model
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project
- Negotiates contracts with consulting firms to perform research or other applicable studies or support
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
Desired Skills & Experience:
Skills and Requirements:
- Market and product research; identifying range architecture and opportunities
- Analyzing and stays current with the latest food trends, changes in market and technology
- Ability to effectively collaborate and lead cross-functional teams
- Set and manage project objectives, critical paths and timelines
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Project management and critical judgement skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-growing start-up environment is a must as is the ability to work under own initiative, comfortable setting goals, analyzing performance and course corrections as needed.
- Must understand product development cycle from concept to commercialization including cost parameters and shelf life implications.
Experience / Education:
- A Minimum (3 to 5) years experience in a Food Project Management role
- Experience working in Fresh food short shelf Ready to Eat, Ready to Cook meals etc. manufacturing environment
- New product development background within F.M.C.G.
- 2+ years of experience working in a start-up environment preferred but not required
- Must have a college BA or BS degree
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations