FreshRealm - The Power of Fresh Thinking
At FreshRealm we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
Responsible for the efforts and results of the accounting and financial reporting department. Overseeing the department staff in day-to-day operations. The controller will supervise all accounting and financial reporting functions, including accounting systems and compliance at the company. They establish and implement financial policies, perform financial risk assessments and analysis, prepare on-time periodic financial reporting, oversee tax and revenue reporting and are responsible for annual audit and tax reporting.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Developing and evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance and business licensing
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Assist FP&A with budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
Desired Skills & Experience:
Skills and Requirements
- Must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills
- Familiar with SAP B1 or similar ERP systems. Previous system implementation experience preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations and provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Experience / Education
- Preferred candidates who have a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA) or chartered global management accountant (CGMA).
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
- Minimum seven years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Manufacturing experience preferred.
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations