FreshRealm: The Power of Fresh Thinking
As an innovative Food-Tech leader, FreshRealm provides a platform solution from end to end that enables our food industry partners to deliver fully-prepped meal kits, ready-to-eat meals and more — to doorsteps and store shelves.
FreshRealm is looking for leaders that want to deliver fresh thinking and support a healthier way of living for all. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the ability to work with some of the country’s largest retailers, drive change through thoughtful onboarding and sales process design and directly impact customer success and retention, FreshRealm may be the perfect place to call your career home.
The Replenishment Buyer will be an integral part of the FreshRealm purchasing department, assisting in all buying activities and procedures. This person will work in conjunction with the Supply team and Plant Managers to procure all raw materials and ensure that the right product is available at the right time through an acute attention to detail and strong follow up and communication skills. The buyer will work in with the inventory and receiving team within the plant to assure productivity and accuracy. The Buyer will also measure usage, waste and consumption rates to place orders and keep the facility in stock.
The role is 70% placing orders and dealing with incoming supply, and 30% monitoring inventory on the floor and making sure all inventory processes are being followed.
- Perform administrative and operational functions supporting the procurement team
- Responsible for daily PO creation and submission
- Work closely with the inventory team and Supply chain team & Plant Managers on reorders and to help maintain adequate stock levels
- Procurement of all requisitioned items meeting criteria such as quantity, quality and delivery date
- Assist cross functionally in initiative requisitions and orders and solve problems as they occur
- Cost reporting and invoice validation
- Close management of waste to ensure that over-purchase is not occurring, that as a meal kit type de-lists we do not have excessive materials on hand.
- Ensure that new launches are successful through the timely purchase of new materials and ingredients.
- Deliver against a zero target of between site material transfer to avoid additional transport costs.
- Accurate use of the ERP / MRP system.
- Perform ad-hoc requests and analyses as needed
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Business, computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, numerical analysis or related field.
- 2-4 years experience in sourcing, purchasing and/or inventory control
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Food Procurement