FreshRealm: The Power of Fresh Thinking
As an innovative Food-Tech leader, FreshRealm provides a platform solution from end to end that enables our food industry partners to deliver fully-prepped meal kits, ready-to-eat meals and more — to doorsteps and store shelves.
FreshRealm is looking for leaders that want to deliver fresh thinking and support a healthier way of living for all. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the ability to work with some of the country’s largest retailers, drive change through thoughtful onboarding and sales process design and directly impact customer success and retention, FreshRealm may be the perfect place to call your career home.
Protein Sourcing Specialist at FreshRealm
The Protein Sourcing Specialist is accountable for developing a protein sourcing strategy to include supplier development, risk management, price forecasting, sustainable strategic sourcing, contingent supply, and category optimization. Strong knowledge of poultry, pork, beef, and/or seafood markets including animal production and processing is a must. Role requires building and enhancing strong supplier partnerships to deliver performance excellence.
- Develop and implement category strategies that maintain a competitive advantage, ensure supply, support business growth, and attain contingency protection while delivering the best supply chain total-cost scenario.
- Lead strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and sourcing agreements with protein suppliers to secure competitive price levels that maintain the food safety and quality standards required by FreshRealm and/or our customers.
- Forge strategic relationships with FSQA team to support and ensure all FreshRealm food safety initiatives and standards are adhered to in order to maintain quality.
- Assist with the enforcement of Food Safety and quality related programs as it pertains to protein handling.
- Build relationships with all suppliers for products managed. Develop strategic relationships with suppliers of critical items and invest time and energy in maintaining those relationships
- Establish and meet all cost of goods targets for products managed
- Work collaboratively with all members of the food and packaging sourcing team.
This role can work out of company headquarters in Ventura, CA, or remotely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience in the poultry, beef, pork, or seafood industry
- Must have strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze varying product and service features, prices and qualities, and determine most cost-effective purchase for organization
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some travel required
Minimum of 7+ years’ business experience in one or a combination of the following areas: Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Program Management
- Strong financial acumen and management of P&L, budget, and margin/profitability
- Ability to collaborate with, influence and build strong cross-functional relationships
- Proven record of establishing, building and maintaining relationships ranging from manager to senior executive levels
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.